Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a x-post from the mid atlantic dh forum...

By the end of summer the back side of the mtn will be open and there will be 2 lifts running. Spangler and DeVall are laying out lines all over the mtn...

Brungeman, My brothers and a bunch of our crew are all building like crazy as well.

Anyone on the east coast should check this out soon...

Highlights:

Fast flowy jump trail '007'
Super connecter with some great woodwork and natural terrain
EC1 & EC2 (Eric Carter's) Trail - Really fun swoopy dh trail
Satelite dish in the works they are bending metal now
Back side is going to be long DH style runs with alot of great rock trannys
Big tables and hips to end out the run back to lift
Fast lifts
Foggy goggle is opening for beer drinking :cheers:

Few taken by springs folks this weekend, we will get some good photos up soon:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RELEASE: IMMEDIATE
TELEPHONE: (814) 352-2016
DATE: JUNE 26, 2008

EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT: SEVEN SPRINGS FREE RIDE WEEKEND

JULY 12 – 13, 2008

SEVEN SPRINGS, Pa. – Seven Springs Bike Park is pleased to announce the 2008 FREE Ride Weekend, July 12 – 13, 2008.

The Bike Park Crew has been building some sweet new trails in the Seven Springs Bike Park and would like to invite riders to come ride the park for FREE – That’s right, unlimited FREE lift tickets all weekend long! The high-speed, six-passenger chairlift will be running extended hours from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., July 12 – 13.

Additionally, there will be FREE bicycle test rides from Kona, Trek Factory, Trek WSD and Santa Cruz Bicycles. In addition to their standard fleet, Trek will be making a special delivery of 2008 Remedy and Session freeride bikes. All combined, there will be more than 100 bikes available for riders to test ride at no charge.

Riders can choose between a variety of chairlift-accessed trails ranging from entry-level cross-country trails to expert-only downhill and freeride trails. Plenty of flowy, fun and exciting trails for riders looking for a mild bike path to share with their family or an epic freeride trail complete with ladder bridges, rock drops, fall-line sections and 20+ foot jumps.

Of course, it’s also nice to have a good après ride party, so the Foggy Goggle Bar is the place for music, $2 drafts and a barbecue starting at 11 a.m. each day. And for riders who want to stay all weekend, there is a special lodging rate starting at $135 available for FREE Ride participants. On top of all that, Seven Springs is even giving away a new bike to one lucky rider.

How do riders get involved in the FREE Ride Weekend? Just show up at the Foggy Goggle bar on July 12 and 13 with the proper safety gear to ride the park and test ride bikes for FREE. Call (866) 437-1300 early to reserve your lodging, since the special rate is first-come-first-served and the hotel is almost full!

About Seven Springs Mountain Resort
Seven Springs Mountain Resort, located in Seven Springs, Pa., is the state’s largest ski and four-season family resort and was recently rated the number one resort in the mid-Atlantic region by the readers of SKI magazine. The resort is easily accessible from either exit 91 or 110 of the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

Seven Springs Mountain Resort can accommodate more than 5,000 overnight guests in its renovated 10-story high-rise hotel, nearly 1,000 condominiums and town homes, cabins and chalets.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hell yeah 2.5 hours away!! $30 lift ticket sounds like a new destination for the crew. Thats great news for my 240,000mile jeep cherokee. I hope that I can get up there befrore the season is over. im currently recovering form a broken vertabra and wont be riding till september and ill be weak as hell even then.

·
Ancient Chinese Secret
1,038 Posts
Just curious, what's the setup on that chairlift? I've never seen that before. Are there hooks or something on the bottom of that chair? How do the bikes get uploaded? Do they have to stop the chair or something? Forgive my ignorance, me being a left-coastie now, North* and Whistler have separate bike carriers on the lift and that's all I've seen.

I grew up in Maryland and Seven Springs used to be my winter hangout. Glad to know I can go home again in summer and get some runs in. Looks like fun. Thanks!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah 7 springs is great about the lifts, they either put the bikes on the chair behind you or let you carry it on, i actually love the method above...

I have been to whistler it is a great setup, they are working towards that method as well with a rear loading tray...

Its pretty nice to just get off and get rolling, lots of east coast resorts make you wait at the top for chairs with all of your bikes to come up, unstrap the bike, make you take it off...its annoying.

·
Ancient Chinese Secret
1,038 Posts
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Yeah 7 springs is great about the lifts, they either put the bikes on the chair behind you or let you carry it on, i actually love the method above...

I have been to whistler it is a great setup, they are working towards that method as well with a rear loading tray...

Its pretty nice to just get off and get rolling, lots of east coast resorts make you wait at the top for chairs with all of your bikes to come up, unstrap the bike, make you take it off...its annoying.
So you guys are holding your bikes? Or is there something else holding it?

Seems like a chair conversion of some sort would work better than holding it. The Whistler/North* option is nicer though (they don't have to stop the chair).

FYI, according to my North* source, they added a whole bunch of new trays this year at significant expense. They apparently are serious about the bike thing. Probably explains the lack of lift lines. Woot woot! :cornut: :cornut: :cornut:

·
Registered
151 Posts
CAN'T....SEE....THE....VID....freaking out :p This sounds very promising...might be changing our summer trip plans again this year.

For anyone who has seen this or knows someone who has...is there a decent amount of intermediate terrain or is it more structured towards the advanced crowd?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2000cx said:
CAN'T....SEE....THE....VID....freaking out :p This sounds very promising...might be changing our summer trip plans again this year.

For anyone who has seen this or knows someone who has...is there a decent amount of intermediate terrain or is it more structured towards the advanced crowd?
the mountain has committed to pleasing the whole crowd, weather it be the kids for the weekend who can roll all the jumps or a slopestyle/dh racer who wants some serious terrain to rock on all weekend

trust me i have been around and these guys have the proper vision on what it takes to succeed in a bike park.

I honestly believe that the park could cater to anyone, there were guys on $500 hardtails riding and having fun in the same spots as $6k dh bikes...i know the board is more of a ''core' group but i consider myself the same, as the sun was going down last saturday and we were running 10 ppl trains down the mountain boosting jumps and yelling it all came together...it's dialed bring em in

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
More updates from the park today...

They have 4 full trails open for shredding on the front side with a 5th mapped out which looks really sick, it's a dh style trail super flowy and fast.

Big news today was a pumptrack under construction right at the bottom of the alpine meadows slope, the idea is to have everyone park there, ride all day, hit the pump track and bike wash at the end. It all comes together really well. The pump track is coming together fast, the guys know what they are doing and i cant wait to get the hardtail up there.

Sounds like they have some huge plans for hits on the mountain like a possible wall ride and a shipping container gap on-drop off...

Here are some pics from today, i am pounded, we did a million runs so just some pump track stuff...

·
Third Degree Hater-Fu
563 Posts
I haven't seen that place since the Nationals in 96!! But I recognize where the pump track. It's right where the tabletop on the old slalom course was!! COOL!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.