Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
≈ > ♥
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to pick up a med or large 7 Point frame. Prolly will go with the 17".

It's coming with a Marz Rocco WC w/300lb spring on it. Seems a bit low for me at 185lbs before gearing up...
I know the DW link runs smaller rate springs, but that much smaller?

What spring rate are you rocking, and how much do you weigh?

·
Still on Training Wheels!
1,107 Posts
175 w/ gear and running a 300 pound spring on my roco WC with full open compression and 170 in the bottom out chamber. Seems a tad light, but I think a 325# would be to much. FWIW I ride mostly DH and FR in Colorado so its very loose and rocky terrain.

I may look into what it takes to get a lower compression dampening shim stack from Marzocchi as I feel that the rear has the potential of being a little more plush.....but it is still light years ahead of the 5th element that I had originaly.

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
I was 165-170 with gear and I ran a 325# spring.

The spring weights needed on the DW Link stuff tend to be a bit low. At least on the DW-Link IronHorse bikes.

·
Registered
345 Posts
200-205# with my gear on and have a 350# spring on my vanilla. Seems a hair too soft for my weight, 400# spring would be ideal.

·
Registered
94 Posts
zahgurim said:
Looking to pick up a med or large 7 Point frame. Prolly will go with the 17".

It's coming with a Marz Rocco WC w/300lb spring on it. Seems a bit low for me at 185lbs before gearing up...
I know the DW link runs smaller rate springs, but that much smaller?

What spring rate are you rocking, and how much do you weigh?
I weigh about 170 to 175 with gear and 300# is perfect with the Fox Van R. 30% Sag is highly recommended, nothing more nothing less, its butta!:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts