Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased an 08' 7-point and looking to buy a Manitou Revox for it. Anyone have any words of wisdom or experience with this?

I've heard of different types of rear shocks having problems with the DW-link design (mostly the Sunday). Not enough rebound, low speed compression, etc... Fox and Progressive have a "Sunday tune" for their shocks, do I need to worry about this with my 7 point?

The Revox looks to be tunable enough to adjust for just about anything, just need some help before the investment... Thanks!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Anything with SPV Dampening From Manitou will give you problems with the DW-Link.

But you could get the SPV shock catered to your likeing by Avalanche..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Piggy-back reservoir with (ISX) speed sensitive, shim-stack Intrinsic damping: ideal for AM/FR/DH applications"

Looks like the Revox is good to go- Shim stack, not SPV- hellz yes. Thanks for the heads-up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that idea just got shot to hell. Manitou doesn't make 10mm mounting hardware. great...

Oh well, looks like my $$$'s are going to SRAM/RockShox...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.