Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I'm going to give my 05 7Point frame a make over and would really like to have a brushed rear triangle. I'm thinking of getting the trusty wire brush out on my dremel and going at it.

Good or bad idea?

I'll clearcoat the whole thing once I'm done to stop the metal from tarnishing. The front triangle will stay black.

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
Remove all attached parts and use hardware store paint remover. (This will save days of work and avoid removing metal with your dremel tool.) Then use your dremel to give it the bush look finish. And then clear coat otherwise it will oxidize pretty quickly.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you get clearcoat to give you a matt finish? I have a matt-black front triangle.

Or should I just get the rear triangle covered in a fresh layer of white powder coat?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Go with the silver/brushed/bare rear triangle. I think you can get clearcoats is a satin-type finish that may work, too. I just received my 7point back from re-PC today - pics to come after it's rebuilt.:thumbsup:

toby

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.