Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when the 7 point framesets might be available? I had heard March as a date from the shop I'm dealing with but also that they were only doing complete bikes for awhile too. I'm hoping skatodd or dante will chime in on this one. Thanks

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
Early April?

toothlessrancidbear said:
Does anyone know when the 7 point framesets might be available? I had heard March as a date from the shop I'm dealing with but also that they were only doing complete bikes for awhile too. I'm hoping skatodd or dante will chime in on this one. Thanks
I put one on order back in Jan, and early April was the last I'd heard for an estimate. As we're moving into mid April here, I guess that would have to be revised a bit... :rolleyes:
I got to actually handle a 7.7 today (altho too small to test ride) so that has helped my anxiety somewhat.
My b'day's Friday, sure would be nice if I had word of it by then, but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well for anyone else wondering it is the bike industry "2 weeks". Iron Horse says early June, meaning July-August. So I guess if I'm waiting that long I may as well wait for a turner highline instead. Ah well, at least the sovereign showed up finally, its so good I don't feel like riding anything else. Word.

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
who at IH?

Well for anyone else wondering it is the bike industry "2 weeks". Iron Horse says early June, meaning July-August. So I guess if I'm waiting that long I may as well wait for a turner highline instead. Ah well, at least the sovereign showed up finally, its so good I don't feel like riding anything else. Word.
Who at IH did you hear that from? I'm still hearing early May from a couple shops. If you've got more reliable sources, let's hear who and (more importantly) why...

EDIT:
And more importantly yet, is that for a frame you already had on order, or if you were to place an order today?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to get you all riled up man, I guess it is reasonable to expect some sort of hierarchy in terms of who gets what first. I haven't paid for my frame yet but have one on reserve and was waiting for them to actually show up somewhere. I've talked to a few shops trying to get a more concrete date and it was someone from go-ride who e-mailed me back saying early June after talking to IH yesterday. That's the extent of my info. I'm just frustrated with the gap between projected and actual release dates in the bike industry generally. Thats what I get for being such a tech whore though, word.

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
thanks

Sorry to get you all riled up man, I guess it is reasonable to expect some sort of hierarchy in terms of who gets what first. I haven't paid for my frame yet but have one on reserve and was waiting for them to actually show up somewhere. I've talked to a few shops trying to get a more concrete date and it was someone from go-ride who e-mailed me back saying early June after talking to IH yesterday. That's the extent of my info. I'm just frustrated with the gap between projected and actual release dates in the bike industry generally. Thats what I get for being such a tech whore though, word.
Ah, there goes some of my ammo - I got an email from Go-ride a week ago saying they were expecting them any day now. Guess this week I'll have to call Cactusbikes (where I have mine ordered from) and see if they have an update on when my $800 down is turning into something I can ride... :rolleyes:

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
yeah

snowskilz said:
Jerry, chill out brother, cactus ordered your frame in december so it will b one of the first to ship...
I know I should, a week of not riding and crappy weather always gets me anxious. See if we can get a group ride in, whether it's sk8pk, bmx track or what this week...

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
thanks

KRob said:
Don't know what size you need.... But did you see this?
http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin...sults_format=long&db_id=85713&query=retrieval

Not mine. But I thought of this thread when I was cruising the classifieds.
I did see that, it's been posted for awhile, dunno if it's still for sale, and 1 size too small for me - good deal on a hard-to-get frame, tho.
So it's been a few days now - anybody hear anything more specific for 7 Point frameset release dates?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.