Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I have an '04 Haro Extreme X2 with a jr.t and want more rear travel. The '05 X3 has 7 inches so do you think if I could get a hold of an x3 swingarm it would be compatible with my frame? The swingarms look the same except the x3's is a little taller where it connects to the shock:
X2:

X3:

any feedback would be greatly appreciated

·
high school loser
1,313 Posts
im pretty sure that the 05 x3 is a differant frame from the 05 and 04 x2 and x1. the 05 x3 is a 04 werx7 frame im pretty sure. but it could work. it would be really hard to find one unless haro hooked you up.

·
high school loser
1,313 Posts
bbowman88 said:
it doesnt look like switching up the swingarm would do it, and im pretty sure they are 2 diff frames
ya i checked their site and the x3 is the werx frame so its diff so the swing arm thing wouldnt work most likely. if you really want to get more travel your gonna need a tottally new frame that comes with 7 inch. i have a 05 x1 with a 03jrt and i dont ever feel like i need more travel, and im runnin in the 5inch option.

·
No longer riding a haro!
725 Posts
I plan on selling my 04 x1 in favor of a longer travel bike in the $1500-$2000 range, and my choices are between 05 X3, 05 Stinky and an 05 bighit. I am leaning towards the x3 because it is the cheapest, but still has nice components, and I like single crowns.
What would somebody else choose out of those three??

Craig

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
haromtnbiker said:
I plan on selling my 04 x1 in favor of a longer travel bike in the $1500-$2000 range, and my choices are between 05 X3, 05 Stinky and an 05 bighit. I am leaning towards the x3 because it is the cheapest, but still has nice components, and I like single crowns.

Craig
stinky cus i luv mine and it takes a good beating like no other cheap ho ;)

·
high school loser
1,313 Posts
haromtnbiker said:

Craig
either the haro or the stinky. the x3 is really sweet and a really solid bike, but i favor the stinky for its fork and because of the linkage design.

·
No longer riding a haro!
725 Posts
I am leaning towards the x3, because it is 200 bucks cheaper. $1700 is alot for me anyway, so the 2006 models might be out before I get a new bike. I like my x1 frame right now, but 1 more inch of travel in the back, and 2 in the front will be nice.

I think of the x3 as a bullit with a 1.5 headtube that costs half the price. (The compontents are only a little bit worse)

·
high school loser
1,313 Posts
haromtnbiker said:
I am leaning towards the x3, because it is 200 bucks cheaper. $1700 is alot for me anyway, so the 2006 models might be out before I get a new bike. I like my x1 frame right now, but 1 more inch of travel in the back, and 2 in the front will be nice.

I think of the x3 as a bullit with a 1.5 headtube that costs half the price. (The compontents are only a little bit worse)
the x3 is really good for the price. i love my 05x1. with all the upgrades that i have put on its perfect for me. the 06 model is probley gonna be strait pimpen too.

·
No longer riding a haro!
725 Posts
Haro bikes are getting ALOT better each year. I see them being a big contender soon in dh soon, with the release of the werx 9. There are a few pictures of it here, scroll down to where it says werx 9- http://www.infantry5.com/bikes.html

Here is my ride:

Attachments

·
high school loser
1,313 Posts
the werx9 is super hawt. i want one so bad. love that new travis fork too.

·
high school loser
1,313 Posts
haromtnbiker said:
A black slider????
Pictures requested. ;)
ill try and get some pics up of mine too.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Haro makes solid frames. Great for all around abuse. But they aren't Bullits. As for whoever said Haro would soon be a contender in DH? They used to make the DHR that got like 8.5 inches of rear travel. Awesome bike that was bullet proof. Plus Haro makes a lot of stuff for Intense.

·
Registered
113 Posts
the haro extreme frame is a santacruz design. haro mountain bikes are all other companies' designs im pretty sure and they buy em. as for an extreme being a bullit, no its not. it is slightly less heavy-duty. however, they are really close. the bullit has a little more flare but otherwise its the same concept

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.