Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I wonder if a 7.5" rear shock would fit in a X2 frame (for example a fox vanilla RC) ?? The 4.5" rear travel is too short compared to my Marzo junior T, so maybe putting a 7.5" would allow about 6" rear travel ?

I have the possibility to machine a new link, but will it be enough ?

THX :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Weshwesh said:
Hi,

I wonder if a 7.5" rear shock would fit in a X2 frame (for example a fox vanilla RC) ?? The 4.5" rear travel is too short compared to my Marzo junior T, so maybe putting a 7.5" would allow about 6" rear travel ?

I have the possibility to machine a new link, but will it be enough ?

THX :D
Maybe you should post the question about your Haro in the Haro forum. You might want to include the year of your bike and a photo of your suspension.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Weshwesh said:
HARO ?? I'm talking about a Diamondback X2 frame :rolleyes:
First the Haro x2 at least has 5-6 inches of travel and a reinforced head tube so it is less likely to damage the frame by using a longer travel fork. 4.5 Inches? Better check your headtube, if it's not reinforced, ditch the Jr. T. Otherwise alter your rear linkage. My buddy did that to his 04 XTS and now he's got 9 inches of rear travel.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
You mean gussets? Most bikes have gussets around the headtube, but that still doesn't mean you can run a DC on it. Pictures would be nice. You can always get custom linkages machined, and since you're probably out of the warranty period already anyways, it won't matter that it'll void the frame warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.