Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
My bike is my happy place
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 12 Hours of Palos will take place on July 31 this year. It's put on by The Wheel Thing, in La Grange, IL. 4-person relay or solo challenge on a 4.25 mile course. It's mostly rolling widetrack with some grinding climbs and maybe 20% singletrack.You can register thru the store (708-352-3822) or with a credit card onsite. It runs from 7 am to 7 pm.

Start/finish line is at the Wolf Road Woods pavilion, which is two parking lots south of Bullfrog Lake, the Palos MTB staging area.Palos is SW of where I-294 and I-55 meet, about 30 minutes SW of downtown Chicago. The event supports CAMBR, the local IMBA-affiliated MTB group who builds and maintains the Palos singletrack.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Muddy D said:
The 12 Hours of Palos will take place on July 31 this year. It's put on by The Wheel Thing, in La Grange, IL. 4-person relay or solo challenge on a 4.25 mile course. It's mostly rolling widetrack with some grinding climbs and maybe 20% singletrack.You can register thru the store (708-352-3822) or with a credit card onsite. It runs from 7 am to 7 pm.

Start/finish line is at the Wolf Road Woods pavilion, which is two parking lots south of Bullfrog Lake, the Palos MTB staging area.Palos is SW of where I-294 and I-55 meet, about 30 minutes SW of downtown Chicago. The event supports CAMBR, the local IMBA-affiliated MTB group who builds and maintains the Palos singletrack.
Sorry but I can't see why anyone would pay Bruce at the Wheel Thing to ride on free trails, besides Bruce has not donated any money back to Cambr for what 2 or 3 years. The event is poorly ran and very unorganized. If you want to pay to ride these trails you should just give Cambr a donation. At least you know this way Cambr will get the money. I support CAmbr strongly but cannot support a Bike Shop that pockets money and does not give anything back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.