Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Next Saturday, 7/10/2010, will be the next night ride at McDowell Mountain Park and this one is on the Competitive Tracks (info pated below).

We will also be working and sessioning at the pump track on 7/9 and 7/10. I plan on going out on Friday to start wetting some dirt and laying out the next section. Saturday morning we will meet around 6 am to start work. If you come out Friday or Saturday to help with the pump track you will not be required to pay the $6 park entry fee.

The first 2 loops of the pump track are substantially complete with a couple of transition between them. Now we need people to ride and burn in some lines. If you come out to ride please water the track lightly 2-3 laps around (no puddles), wait 10-15 minutes for the water to soak in and have fun. The next project is the bigger outer loop and will include 2-3 small table top jumps and several options and transitions.

Mountain Bike in the Moonlight - McDowell
McDowell Mountain Regional Park
Mountain Bike by the Moon Light is the only night ride in the Phoenix area organized by a land manager to get mountain bikers out during the hot summer months. This year's summer night ride series is sponsored by the SLIPPERY PIG bike shops in Phoenix and Fountain Hills. This ride will be held on the Competitive Track (Sport/tech/long) loops. The course is not very technical; however, night riding will make it more difficult. Helmets and lights will be mandatory on this ride. Only lights designed for use with mountain bikes with at least a 3 hour power source are acceptable. All riders must sign in and out at the trailhead as they start and finish their ride. Everyone needs to be off the trail by 9:30 PM. This is not a guided ride. Volunteers will sweep the course to ensure all riders return safely. For more information call 480-471-0173.

Date: 7/10/2010
Time: 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Registration Required: No
Fee: $6 per vehicle park entry fee

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dsittman said:
Alan. Your thread title should read 7/10 not 4/10.
Oops, was trying to get this out while working and apparently still focussed on work. Thanks for the heads up, edits completed.

·
Registered
356 Posts
CrankyMonkey said:
I'm planning on burning in some lines tomorrow morning if anyone wants to join me... :D
Broke some seals and maybe even my toe this morning down at somo, but I really want to get out and try the new stuff. Can't tell from the pics but how big are the bumps going out on the new loops, any taller?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DankyCass said:
Broke some seals and maybe even my toe this morning down at somo, but I really want to get out and try the new stuff. Can't tell from the pics but how big are the bumps going out on the new loops, any taller?
The transition lines from the beginner loop to the soon to be constructed outer loop have some taller rollers and currently one table top. I will be out on Friday morning to lay out the start of the outer loop, the back line will include some doubles or table tops or ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts