Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all. Thought I'd throw another invite up to come to Lyons for Tuesday Night rides. Now that the season is in full swing with long days, we're heading into the forest for some quality riding. Our only goal is to have fun and be back to Oskar Blues by 9:45 (the kitchen closes at 10). We've been meeting at the shop at 5:30, driving 1/2 hour into the forest and riding until dark or later. Over the next few weeks, we'll be hitting some of the riding in Peaceful Valley and Lion Gulch.

The Intense crew will have the demo trailer full of bikes next Tuesday 7/1 if anyone is interested. We'll be riding Middle St Vrain/Buchanan Pass. Should be a good little loop to flog a demo bike... Get to the shop around 5 to score your bike if you want to ride something different.

~dave

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buddy of mine was up yesterday. Patchy snow at the top, should be clear by this weekend. He rode it anyway. I'm not too worried, but we can always find a plan B in that neighborhood. :)

·
Now with 10% more!
407 Posts
Debaser said:
Damm.

Snoop Dog wants to see me next Tuesday.
I know what you're talking about. Would be there but I swore off 311 (still enjoy their albums a lot) after seeing them live for the I don't know how manyth time. Just didn't have the same spark. Hope you have fun though. Maybe it was just a bad night for them.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
will the new yet-to-be-named trail bike be there?

:ihih:

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Da Dook said:
I know what you're talking about. Would be there but I swore off 311 (still enjoy their albums a lot) after seeing them live for the I don't know how manyth time. Just didn't have the same spark. Hope you have fun though. Maybe it was just a bad night for them.
I think the first time I saw them was in 1990ish. Didn't see them the last few times they've been around, so this time is a go (I hope or I'll be in Lyons).

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
don't hold a grudge

Debaser said:
If you make it up there to ride my new bike, I'll want to hear all about it.
dude, i named that bike a few weeks back... i'm just waiting for the "congratulations" email from intense.
;)

that said, dave i'll see you tuesday (gotta test ride my new bike). :rockon:

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
gotdirt said:
dude, i named that bike a few weeks back... i'm just waiting for the "congratulations" email from intense.
;)
I hate to be the first person to tell you, but there's no way they're naming the bike GotDirt after that video last summer...

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
ouch, that hurts

are you kidding me??!

dude, most mortal bikes would've exploded upon impact. i dusted off that tracer and went on my merry way...

(okay, so it is a year later and i still don't have full range of motion of my thumb, but that's why i use gripshift, right?).

snoop dogg? seriously? you know boston & styx are coming to red rocks, right?
:p :thumbsup:

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still on for tomorrow for anyone interested in taking an Intense somewhere other than a county park trail :) We'll be bypassing Mid St Vrain/Buchanan Pass, though. I went up yesterday. Conditions were great, but the typical muddy spots at the top were a bit muddier than usual. Out of respect for the Intense crew, we're going to keep the bikes as dry and clean as we can.

Meet up at the shop by 5 if you want to check out a bike. We leave at 5:30, still heading up to the Peaceful Valley universe. It'll still be a tough and technical ride, though, so you can get a real feel for the bikes.

And I just heard - the new adjustable 5.5"-6" bike will be called the Tracer VP. :)

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
ignazjr said:
Still on for tomorrow for anyone interested in taking an Intense somewhere other than a county park trail :) We'll be bypassing Mid St Vrain/Buchanan Pass, though. I went up yesterday. Conditions were great, but the typical muddy spots at the top were a bit muddier than usual. Out of respect for the Intense crew, we're going to keep the bikes as dry and clean as we can.
I can imagine. We were completely coated with mud after our jaunt on Saturday. We turned around at the meadow.

·
skillz to pay billz
3,554 Posts
no way, I'm winning that bike!

gotdirt said:
;)

that said, dave i'll see you tuesday (gotta test ride my new bike). :rockon:

·
!Vamos, flaco!
1,364 Posts
lidarman said:
I can imagine. We were completely coated with mud after our jaunt on Saturday. We turned around at the meadow.
You were up there Saturday? What time? I was up there, too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was up there Camping, Rode it on Sat. Morning on a single speed Hardtail, then on Sunday rode it on an ML8, tried to go twice as fast through one of the rock gardens, ended up OTB, only thing I could do is Laugh!!! Trail was Busy!!!! Next time you guys do a group ride up there let me know!!! [email protected]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sourdough/waptiti

As for the sourdough, we road from CU research facility to PV and added in the Waptit loop. It was alll dry...

BTW, that trail at 8am on a Sunday is...........fast! :D

·
!Vamos, flaco!
1,364 Posts
lidarman said:
I was in a group of 4 started around 10:30 or so. We did see a three riders total. Were you the person crossing the fallen tree near the start?
That was me. I swung up there after signing a lease in Longmont for next year.

If I had known it was you, I would have paid more respect to your post count. :p

The trail was fun, although there were more hikers and mud than I would have preferred.

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pabs said:
The trail was fun, although there were more hikers and mud than I would have preferred.
The mud up there changes on a daily basis all thru the summer depending on rain, etc. I rode it near dusk on Sunday. The mud was a bit muddier than usual, but not too bad. About 3 small sections at the top, then the rest was perfect. Parts of the trail were worn hardpack and dry in the middle with soft brown dirt on the edges. It was great. I also saw no one. It's all about the time you ride.

I guess that means that everything bike legal north of Brainard Lake road is open now. I was surprised by Coney Creek Rd. It was much drier than it typically is. There was 2" deep dust in sections that usually have standing water.

Now if Little Raven will ever dry out, then we'll really be set!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.