Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since last weekend, I'm the proud owner of a very sexy and very green 6point (a used one). The only thing that I'm not too happy with, is the rear through axle. I read/saw in the 6point pictures thread, that the 2008 6points come with some sort of quick release. Does anyone know if and where I can get one of those?

Also, is it usual to have a spacing ring on the rear axle, between the cassette and the dropout?

Cheers
LEE

·
squish is good
4,933 Posts
Did previous years 6 points come with a dedicated thru axle? I'm looking at this frame as a potential replacement for my Reign but I'm looking for something with a rear thru axle in around 6" travel. The 150mm x 12mm QR thing seems really weird to me...

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Clutchman83 said:
Did previous years 6 points come with a dedicated thru axle? I'm looking at this frame as a potential replacement for my Reign but I'm looking for something with a rear thru axle in around 6" travel. The 150mm x 12mm QR thing seems really weird to me...
This is the axle that I use on my first gen 07' 6point!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Clutchman83 said:
The axle itself is a regular 150x12 thru axle, but the dropouts are open to the bottom, like standard QR dropouts -- If I'm not wrong, the VPFree has the same construction? So, you could use a 150x12 QR and just push the axle in from the bottom, if you can get a 150x12 Qr, that is. And else, you just the regular "thru" axle.

·
squish is good
4,933 Posts
drLEE said:
The axle itself is a regular 150x12 thru axle, but the dropouts are open to the bottom, like standard QR dropouts -- If I'm not wrong, the VPFree has the same construction? So, you could use a 150x12 QR and just push the axle in from the bottom, if you can get a 150x12 Qr, that is. And else, you just the regular "thru" axle.
Thank you! That was what I was looking for!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.