Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what you guys think of a 69er rce bike? Any sugestions?
Will race mostly western PA, West Viginia, and Western Maryland.
Terrain is twisty, rooty, and it does have it's share of rocks on the race courses.
I am thinking full suspension. Moots, Trek, I think the Ventana has a little much travel.?
I am open to ideas.
I am a Turner guy, I was wondering if a Flux could use a 29er fork, or would it get to f-ed up?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm no racer but felt really fast the only 2 rides I took on this machine.... Maverick ML7, 2004 I believe. This thing turned and climbed like no other bike I've been on... The terrain I ride sounds similar to what you describe.

Attachments

·
Harshing my mellow, man..
369 Posts
Purs said:
I'm no racer but felt really fast the only 2 rides I took on this machine.... Maverick ML7, 2004 I believe. This thing turned and climbed like no other bike I've been on... The terrain I ride sounds similar to what you describe.
that's a good looking piece of machinery right there. a fun ride too.

·
Whatever
585 Posts
Whose Maverick 69er is that?

I've been meaning to try that with my ML7/5. I have a Trek 69er singlespee d and love it. I ride it way more than my Maverick, so thought this would be interesting.

Purs said:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That Mav is awsome! I guess using a maverick fork, it would not screw up the geometry al that much?? Does any one have any other picturess of their modified bikes?
I was thinking of taking a Turner flux and throwing a Reba 29er on it! I think I would have to drop it to 80mm trvel on the fork???

·
Shirtless Singlespeeder
506 Posts
Heres mine

Here is my Raleigh Ram 4.0 69'ed with a Reba race with a remote lockout running at 80mm on the front and a fox rp23 on the back. I have raced several N.Cal races on this rig

All I did to counteract the increase in HTA was to move my cockpit forward about 30mm. I just added some bar ends that make climbing even better.

View attachment 422762

View attachment 422764

·
Harshing my mellow, man..
369 Posts
arphaxhad said:
Here is my Raleigh Ram 4.0 69'ed with a Reba race with a remote lockout running at 80mm on the front and a fox rp23 on the back. I have raced several N.Cal races on this rig

All I did to counteract the increase in HTA was to move my cockpit forward about 30mm. I just added some bar ends that make climbing even better.

View attachment 422762

View attachment 422764
That looks very familiar to another 69er made...

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That bike is sick!
What is the geomerty?
How much for the frame?
I see on the site, you have a soft tail version?
A soft tail is what I am leaning toward! I can not afford TI. Can you do a soft tail in? Scandium?
That fram looks a lot like a Carver. *( thta is what I am riding now) It is fun!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.