Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks--

I ride a 29er and want my wife to get one. However, there's a slight problem...she really likes her SOMA Groove (the baby blue one). So, that got me to thinking...

Would 650B wheels fit the front and rear? She's running a Marzocchi MX comp up front, and if possible, would like to stick with this fork.

What about going 69er? I could run a rigid carbon 29er fork up front with a 29" wheel. I think that could be pretty sweet. But I also think she'd miss out on the benefits of the 29" wheel in the rear. I guess I could run a wider 26" tire in the rear though.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts and suggestions about both of the setups. Has anyone done something similar with a SOMA Groove? Any photos out there?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
I've seen a groove set up as a 69er with a Reba - look at the 69er photo gallery.

A 650b will not clear the "M" arch on Marzocchi forks so you'd have to go with a different fork if you were to try a 650b in front or try dual 650b if it would fit in the back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.