Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
A Real Winner.
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...e=5&dept=4125&path=0:4125:4178:4180:4183:5304

I quote: Get into a dual-suspension, rugged mountain bike at THE best price on the market. With a front shock fork, 18-speed Shimano shifting and sturdy steel rims, the "Power Climber" will excel on any terrain.

If by "excel on any terrain" they mean suck, then they are correct!
Ok, I must go to bed now, I realize I am not very funny.

·
I need more time
157 Posts
HAHAHAAHHA

guys you missed the best bit, in small print it gives shipping weight, i'll assume that includes box etc but

holy hell its 51.1 pounds thats heavy than most downhill bikes. And a box and cycle tool can not weigh that much. HAHHAHAh just gotta laugh :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
poor people

kelesis said:
HAHAHAAHHA

guys you missed the best bit, in small print it gives shipping weight, i'll assume that includes box etc but

holy hell its 51.1 pounds thats heavy than most downhill bikes. And a box and cycle tool can not weigh that much. HAHHAHAh just gotta laugh :D
\the bike obviously aimed at the lower budgeted persons...i'd rater see them riding a bike than playing playstation.

Dont be a "brand snob" do you remember your first bike you bought yourself?
More bikes = less cars= a better environment.

·
(enter witty phrase here)
2,250 Posts
sonyisdope said:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2061592&cat=5304&type=5&dept=4125&path=0%3A4125%3A4178%3A4180%3A4183%3A5304

I quote: Get into a dual-suspension, rugged mountain bike at THE best price on the market. With a front shock fork, 18-speed Shimano shifting and sturdy steel rims, the "Power Climber" will excel on any terrain.

If by "excel on any terrain" they mean suck, then they are correct!
Ok, I must go to bed now, I realize I am not very funny.
Sweet! I bet it only weighs like 40lbs and will take the biggest curbs and bumpiest lawns in my neighborhood.

18 speed? Any idea how rare that is. All the yuppie bikes nowadays have 24 or 27 speeds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great. Why did I drop north of $2k on a Specialized Epic when I coulda had one of these bad boys for less than $70. Arrrgh..... No, wait... I can tell the wife that I got it at Wal-Mart for less than $70. Thanks, Wal-Mart!

·
Yummy
1,262 Posts
Actually even funnier:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...path=0:4125:4178:4180:4183:5304&xsell=2061592

Nice ad copy: "Element racing suspension forks let you push it to its limits."

Is there any product, in any market, anywhere that DOESN'T let you push it to its limits? That doesn't mean that its limits are anywhere near better products on the market!

Also the really funny part is in the fine print at the bottom - " Batteries not included"

Kn.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Just yesterday I went with a ride with that bike. There were three of us. Me with my FSR, another guy with a Seven single speed, and one guy with this bike. Granted, he does not mountain bike but still. Terrifying is the only way to describe that bike.

We were a funny group. One guy with a $7000 titanium bike and another with a $75 Walmart special.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
K'Endo said:
Actually even funnier:

Nice ad copy: "Element racing suspension forks let you push it to its limits."

Is there any product, in any market, anywhere that DOESN'T let you push it to its limits? That doesn't mean that its limits are anywhere near better products on the market!

Kn.
LMAO

That one just did it for me. You made me laugh. That is the funniest post i have read in a while. :D

But hey, we should not laugh at these bikes TOO much. I am sure that there are many ppl who love them. They are just fine for many folks who dont take riding seriously.

·
Wizard of the Trail
912 Posts
Its funny, about two to three weeks ago, I saw one of these bikes broken down on a walking, biking trail with a big dude riding it. Not that I am against heavy people, because I am one myself, but for a 68 dollar POS its crazy. I stopped to see if he needed help and to see if he was ok. He says, my crank looks bent." I took a look, and I think it was the spindle the cranks mount on to that was bent. The crankarms themselves looked like thick sheet metal. Thats when he told me that he paid 68 bucks. I said for what it costs to get this fixed, you can get another one. My parting words were, "You only get what you pay for." "Good luck." With that, I left.

·
Registered
180 Posts
You see bikes like that commuting back and fourth to work all the time... and not save the environment/be healthy commuting. Those bikes are much more valuable to their owners than your 2k toy is to you.

·
A Real Winner.
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
VaNRS2 said:
Granted we all know that bike is a POS but who's first bike wasn't? The real question is what were you doing on wal-marts website before you go to bed?
I was just checking out bike stuff, one thing lead to another, next thing you know I am at the Wal-Mart website looking at the unbelievable deals they have on cheap Schwinns. I swear, this sort of thing doesn't happen all the time. It was really a one time thing. I promise.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Geist262 said:
Its funny, about two to three weeks ago, I saw one of these bikes broken down on a walking, biking trail with a big dude riding it. Not that I am against heavy people, because I am one myself, but for a 68 dollar POS its crazy. I stopped to see if he needed help and to see if he was ok. He says, my crank looks bent." I took a look, and I think it was the spindle the cranks mount on to that was bent. The crankarms themselves looked like thick sheet metal. Thats when he told me that he paid 68 bucks. I said for what it costs to get this fixed, you can get another one. My parting words were, "You only get what you pay for." "Good luck." With that, I left.
I bet if he takes it back they'll give him another one for free.
At least that's what my friend and I used to do when we first started riding. Everytime he broke his wal-mart ride, he would take it back adn they would replace it, no questions asked. I think he went through 3 before he finally broke down and invested in some more quality.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Payriding

Did anybody read the "Payriding" article in last months Bike magazine? That's what this reminds me of. The idea of "Payriding" is that you ride the biggest POS bike you can find. That way, even your local trail - which will now seem tame because of your 5" travel trail bike - will be exciting again because the frame on your Power Climber might break on a 12" drop. It'll push your aerobic fitness and leg muscles to the max when you have to climb on a 45lb bike.

Think of it this way, riding will be suicidally challenging again, and you don't even have to ride a new trail. Instead of spending $3000 on a 7" travel bike with a double crown fork and spend weeks and months building stunts so you can "freeride," spend $68 dollars at your local walmart and go on your regular trail and "payride." Either way, experience the thrill of risking breaking your bones.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts