Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to sell my 66RC2X that I've had on my 7Point since late April and about a dozen rides. I think it's time to slack out the bike a bit more since I'm basically only using it for downhilling and ocassional slower freeride work (and not much if any all mountain work).

So the question is....

Would you save the extra couple hundred bucks (assuming I can sell the 66 for close to $500) and get a 05 888RC Works over the more expensive 888RC2X? I haven't ridden the old style RC forks but with the compression sleeve on the RC are the RC2X models really that much better for a newbie hack like me if I run my 66's high speed comp almost all the way open currently?

I guess this all hinges on selling my 66 though. Finger's crossed! Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't you have a sprog to irreparably harm with your fathering skills? Go away.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So is the RC2X system really THAT much better (in a way I'll notice) than the RC works system from last year?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Though this really wasn't a "for sale" post I sent you info.

You don't happen to have experience with the 888RC do you? Wondering if I should go for the 888 works or drop the extra coin on a new RC2X.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've owned a 888 RC and now I own a RC2X. I am much more pleased with the RC2X. You can tune it to whatever you want without having to do anything with the oil or springs.
I say 888 RC2X for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.