Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
kruz said:
I would like to buy a 66RC to fix on my bike. Is it a right choice? My 888 is too heavy to carry uphill.
It will not weight less than your triple 8, and it will be taller with an inch less travel.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i had to change my body english so i wouldnt wheelie the bike too far back when i got my 66, you cant have 8 inches of travel and good climbing. Look into a Z1 or Fox 36, those can handle abuse and are relatively light.

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
Red Bull said:
Well, id have to say its what hes looking for. Light, Short and able to be internally adjusted from 6-8".

Are you saying you have never suggested something without trying it? :rolleyes:
I probably have, but i know the only reason your suggesting it is because Kayodics bike has one.

·
Registered
557 Posts
kruz said:
I would like to buy a 66RC to fix on my bike. Is it a right choice? My 888 is too heavy to carry uphill.
A 66 in the 170mm travel set up works pretty well on the 9.5.... I put on on my 9.5 and it felt preety good... I didn't get as much ride time as I would have liked on it, but is doable...

However, like a few other people pointed out, you are not going to ge a huge weight savings going from a 888 to a 66. About a half pound... So, keep that in mind...

Brian

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brian Peterson said:
A 66 in the 170mm travel set up works pretty well on the 9.5.... I put on on my 9.5 and it felt preety good... I didn't get as much ride time as I would have liked on it, but is doable...

However, like a few other people pointed out, you are not going to ge a huge weight savings going from a 888 to a 66. About a half pound... So, keep that in mind...

Brian
Thanks. Weight is not the biggest issue. I need better control when I go to a narrow single track. Can you show your 9.5 with 66?

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
Paging JSUN

kruz said:
Thanks. Weight is not the biggest issue. I need better control when I go to a narrow single track. Can you show your 9.5 with 66?
please...PLEASE you want to climb easier...go tubeless...and not the ghetto version. Get a tubeless rim and tire set up...Hopefully JSUN chimes in and tells you how tubeless so easy

·
Registered
557 Posts
kruz said:
Sorry, I don't have a pic of the bike with the 66 on it... I only had it on for a few days before the onwer of the fork needed it back...

As for the handling, the H/A was only a little steeper.... It still felt good while riding.

Brian

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.