Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone use wrist protection??? I was looking b/c I always hurt mine when I do bigger drops, would they help my problem??

·
Registered
70 Posts
What I have found to help is actually get a good grip..... you know four fingers on top and your thumb on bottum, makes a world of difference :D sorry but i had to

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had the same problem. some advice is stay away from all the larger drops from a hardtail. I can do a ten footer but i only like to just once in a while to show up my buddies, so i try to keep it to something more reasonable. Also landing back wheel first and then touching the front down makes a world of difference and getting a smooth transition between back and front wheel helps alot too (my feet take more of the impact when i land exclusively on my back wheel).

Another excersise you can do to strengthen your wrists is doing push ups with a fist on the ground. Make a fist instead of putting your palms on the floor and do pushups. this helps your wirst tendons and muscles become very strong and you wont have as many wrist injuries. Also you can punch people in their faces alot harder (along with heavy bags) and not break your wrists... another postive. A heavy bag is also a good way to strengthen the wrists up, and also will make you jacked.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
KomodoRider said:
does anyone use wrist protection??? I was looking b/c I always hurt mine when I do bigger drops, would they help my problem??
I broke my wrist last year, so now I use two of the EVS wristguards - I highly recommend them - they don't mess with my grip at all & protect me on falls while freeriding/dirtjumping/aggro trailriding...

you can get them at Pricepoint cheaply as a pair...

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/11...Gear/EVS-Wrist-Brace---Set-of-1-Pair-DEAL.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts