Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I have the 661 Assault suit and Race elbow pads. If I had to do over again I would get the Coresaver in place of the assault suit. The shoulder protection of the Assault and other pressure suits is nice but it will only prevent scratches and cuts. It won't help on shoulder separating or dislocating impacts. I would feel less restricted without the shoulder pads and sleeves.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Why didn't you consider the (2008) Rockgardn flak jacket?
I bought one in January and I love it.
It's very comfortable and the white armor plates make one look like a speeder bike Stormtrooper. LOL

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rmb_mike said:
Why didn't you consider the (2008) Rockgardn flak jacket?
I bought one in January and I love it.
It's very comfortable and the white armor plates make one look like a speeder bike Stormtrooper. LOL
the rockgardn flak jacket does look realy good and my freind has one he also says its good. but im on a buget and it a little too much for me right now and i still have to buy other stuff

·
Registered
456 Posts
ive purchased budget armor before and regreded it every time the 661 is real popular so ide say do that

- I also have a 2008 Flak Jacket on the way, from all the reading ive done it looks sick.

·
Registered
875 Posts
penfuin said:
the rockgardn flak jacket does look realy good and my freind has one he also says its good. but im on a buget and it a little too much for me right now and i still have to buy other stuff
Wow. I didn't realize the pressure suit was up for such a bargain right now:
http://www.pricepoint.com/thumb/1-Clothing-14-Protective-Gear-True.htm
I paid ~$160 for my flak jacket. When I bought it in January, they were going for about the same price as the pressure suit. But if you can get the PS for $100, by all means, go for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.