Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to buy a pair of 2005 SixSixOne Launch shoe with my new Heckler frame for some light freeride.

Still not decided to go flat pedals or clipless, so the choice of SPD in this flat pedal shoes really come in handy.

Just want to know, how do you guys think? Does it get a good grip on flat pedals, like the FiveTen or Intense stealth rubber shoes? How do they feel when using clipless pedals?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ernest Lam said:
Going to buy a pair of 2005 SixSixOne Launch shoe with my new Heckler frame for some light freeride.

Still not decided to go flat pedals or clipless, so the choice of SPD in this flat pedal shoes really come in handy.

Just want to know, how do you guys think? Does it get a good grip on flat pedals, like the FiveTen or Intense stealth rubber shoes? How do they feel when using clipless pedals?
I like 'em. They work well for me, great grip, comfy. In fact I've got an extra pair here, size 45, brand new (bought for my son but they don't fit) if you're interested I'll give you a great deal.

·
Ninja Please
80 Posts
Ernest Lam said:

I have the 04 model of the shoe and I love mine. They are excellent with my Time Control Z pedals and as for flats I don't really care for them cause you can't really feel the pedal due to the stiffness. I usually just wear DC shoes or something like that with flats. But who knows you may like that.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
I loved mine for about 3 years then tore a hole through the SPD cover. Bought a pair of 661 Dually shoes, found the extra ankle support is nice, bad ankles. One draw back with the Dually is that the sole is soft unlike the Filter that has a reinforcement in the sole. I'm old school so i only run flats, booth shoes give very good traction. If you run flats you will need to make shure your pedals are good otherwise your feet will slide too easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.