Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Me hates pinchflat
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I used the new 66. It was a pretty sucky ride.
I got a flat like 200m into the downhill. I also lost the friggin compression X knob!!! :madmax: :madmax: We looked for it for something like an hour, since we knew where it had fell. A pair of people that were walking found the little air cap, but no luck with the knob. Its pretty strange, since a large red knob is much more visible than a small silver cap. Besides, the knob cant fall if the cap doesnt fall first... Oh yeah, and in all the process of looking for the knob, mtbgiovanni accidentaly lost his helmet :madman:
The little time I managed to spend on the 66 was pretty good. Its not that soft, since its not broken in, but its STIFF. It tracks pretty nicely, and I actually didnt notice much change in the geometry.
Sorry no pics. I will try to get some pics of the 66 on the bike. I was concerned about it clearing the downtube, but it clears it by quite a bit :thumbsup:

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Worthless without pics... but you already knew that...

BTW... Congrats!!!!! :thumbsup:

The first couple rides you'll not know what to do with the fork and it'll feel "weird".

But then after you get used to it, you'll start wondering yourself how did you ride so long on crappy forks.

Oh... and on every Marzocchi that has knobs at the bottom, you'd like to put some loctite and/or tighten them well. They're famous for falling off.

Many people has removed that red knob anyway as it makes the shaft of the damper more exposed to a hit. It's too big. However, I think that fixing it properly is preferable.

It'll feel MUCH better after a few hours and fresh new oil... :ihih:

·
Me hates pinchflat
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Warp said:
Worthless without pics... but you already knew that...

BTW... Congrats!!!!! :thumbsup:

The first couple rides you'll not know what to do with the fork and it'll feel "weird".

But then after you get used to it, you'll start wondering yourself how did you ride so long on crappy forks.

Oh... and on every Marzocchi that has knobs at the bottom, you'd like to put some loctite and/or tighten them well. They're famous for falling off.

Many people has removed that red knob anyway as it makes the shaft of the damper more exposed to a hit. It's too big. However, I think that fixing it properly is preferable.

It'll feel MUCH better after a few hours and fresh new oil... :ihih:
Yeah, I would like to keep the low speed compression knob. I will definitely be using it more than the bottom out thingy. I dont think it will be easy for me to bottom this sucker even with no high speed dampening.
The first thing I did after getting it was tightening the knob on the bottom. However, I didnt know that when you opened either the rebound or the high speed compression, the air cap that keeps them from falling is loosened too :madman:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
yup yhe air cap can easily get loose, make sure you tight it hard doing a counter turn with the knob. If it is tight, it will not get loose when you move adjust de X or rebound knob.

As for sunday ride, I am indeed going to SNT, I SMS'd you earlier; hopefully we'll meet there.

About the losing the knob and the helmet... it kinda sucks. Geeez you are losing to many things lately due to distractions:eekster: , ought to pay more attention kids:p .

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Congrats, 545cu4ch!

Sorry about the lost knob.... I hope you can get a replacement easily....

Ah.. just Warp, I think that "this thread is worthless without pics" :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.