Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kent Eriksen just finished building a Ventana equipped, 5" travel 650B endurance race bike for himself. He's currently on the road heading to BC for the BCbikerace. This should be the perfect testing grounds for his new rig. Early reports about the bikes performance are very positive, with Kent using words like "it's the best bike I have ever ridden". :thumbsup:

Probably the most surprising and exciting news is that Kent chose the DT XMC 130 fork for this bike. According to Chad at Eriksen Cycles, the fork has nearly 25mm of arch clearance over a Neo-Moto tire! He also says that they have built a number of these 650B bikes already and the XMC will likely be their go-to fork for most builds.

This is very promising news imo. Sure it's a $1,300.00 fork, but it's only FRN's! I am patiently waiting some spy photo's of the bike with wheels mounted in the fork. As soon as I see it with my own eyes, I will be on the phone to DT to order one of these bad boys myself and will post pics ASAP.

Cheers,

KP

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
$1300 for a XC fork :eek: Dats insane :eekster:

On a side note........Kirk, any news on that new tyre of yours?? :skep: will any be available by say the begginging of July so I could maybe pick one up while I'm in the US. Would love to have it to pair with a XC 26" wheeled tyre for my Trance 65-6B conversion, as right now in it's 69er configuration it's really quite sweet. Would also like to try it maybe on the rear of the RIP9 and see how itpairs up with the 29" front wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.