Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a bigger wheel on their SB-66? Considering getting a SB-66 frame for a good deal and swapping all my parts over. I have an X-Fusion Vengeance that can run a 27.5 up front. Just curious if anyone has done this and how it rides. Thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just put a 27.5 fox 34 150 with arch ex DHRII. It runs well, smooths the small stuff out, rolls a bit quicker, didn't notice any floating on steeps climbs. I think the head angle is a bit steeper but nothing noticeable. There aren't any negatives I can think of, I'm keeping it on for awhile until my upgrade.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Have a riding buddy who built up his his SB66c with a 27.5 front and digs it. He came from an Ibis and immediately was achieving personal best at all his normal trails so I'd say it was working for him quite well.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I just put a 27.5 fox 34 150 with arch ex DHRII. It runs well, smooths the small stuff out, rolls a bit quicker, didn't notice any floating on steeps climbs. I think the head angle is a bit steeper but nothing noticeable. There aren't any negatives I can think of, I'm keeping it on for awhile until my upgrade.
The head angle should be a bit slacker with the 650 unless you were running a 36 prior. Trail might be different as well depending on fork offset.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I remember using the panaracer neo Moto front and rear, it had a lower tread profile. There was rub at full compression and hard cornering so I took it off but it was doable. The front I remember running the DHF 2.3 with no issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.