Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
nothing relevant to say
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up this Bullit frame a while back on a trade, and had it hanging around for too long, so I dropped my extra parts on it along with a 650B wheelset.
I'm digging the bike, with a shorter travel shock, the Fox Pro Pedal really helps the Single Pivot design. My dilemma: The weight.
Now, I know these are just my extra parts, and there really isn't anything fancy- no carbon, no real weight conscious stuffs. So, should I drop some coin into this beast, or sell it off as is and use the funds else where. Currently the shock Shuttle should get replaced and I hate the bland black powdercoat the previous owner chose. Mind you, this frame still used standard dropouts, and I would like to go 142thru on a dually before I get a hardtail utilizing stiffer technologies.
If I were to keep this, it will NEED
  • New Powdercoat
  • updated components
  • shock shuttle
  • decal kit

How it sits now is just too beefy for my local trails, and a bear to push upwards.
Suggestions?
13174904844_7d87c21f37_z.jpg
13174910564_16ac82f6da_z.jpg

·
Phobia of petting zoos.
1,000 Posts
How it sits now is just too beefy for my local trails, and a bear to push upwards.
Suggestions?
Get some beefier trails. :)

Seriously now… The Bullit is a fun bike, quite capable and versatile. Mine is about 16kg and as much as the weight can get a bit much on sustained dull fire road climbs, the traction up short sharp technical climbs makes it a goat despite the weight.

I'd go find some burlier trails and let it shine, see if you like it then.

That said, if it's not the bike for you then you really have to question whether it's worth sinking coin into it.

Grumps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts