Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this will be my first bike since i was younger and want something without breaking the bank. i have heard a lot about 29ers and looked through some threads on here. my buddy gave me some good brands but really dont know and dont want to buy the wrong thing. i live near San Francisco so probably have a lot of shops but i dont want to be lead to the wrong bike and not know anything before going in. if anyone can suggest some bikes that would be awesome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
After a 12 year break from any kind of biking, I too found myself itching to get back into MTBs. I spent $600 on a "last years model" Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er to see if I would like getting back into it. This got me a solid frame, 29" wheels and into entry level Shimano components including disc brakes. At 6'6" 265lbs, I've spent 2 years beating it up on all trail types...and still going. I'm very happy with this purchase as it bridges me to my dream FS bike.
zjjason

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.