Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a huge difference in performance between the two. Currently I have a Suntour 63mm on my K2, I know it is a terrible fork so I am looking at buying a new one. I dont want to spend a ton of money cause I am saving up for a new bike. But since that wont be for awhile I was wondering if it would be worth it to do a slight fork upgrade. Suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
If you're asking if you can swap an 80mm for the 63mm, yes, they're close enough that it shouldn't mess up your handling.

As far as performance, if you get a crappy 80mm fork there won't be much difference. Get a good one and I expect you'll notice a difference. A Dart 3 or a cheap Marzochi might be a good way to go.

·
Weekend Warrior
1,078 Posts
I got a Dart3 on my Rockhopper and I love it. It is definitely not up there in performance with Fox or other big names, BUT I think it is def. the most underrated fork out there. The Dart3 comes in 80, 100, and 120. I got the 100 and love it. If it breaks, i will go for a FOX or Marzochi, but not until it breaks. You can pick in up at JensonUSA for $135. http://www.jensonusa.com/search/?s=dart+3

G

·
i have an older marzocchi on my hardtail.

it's a 63mm travel fork and it compliments the performance of the bike perfectly.

keep in mind that most forks on the market nowadays are disc brake only. that could be a problem if you have vees on your K2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.