Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking around the bike shops in my area and one had a 19" gary fisher Mullet. The frame looked solid, but I am wondering what size frame I should go with for my height.

What do you guys think of the mullet?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright, I guess it's not cool to want an "urban" bike.
I want a bike I can ride around in the city (not in the woods), instead of running into trees and slamming into rocks i'll run over small children and hit cars. And since I suck so much at riding, I probably will kill people and maim cats with my new city bicycle. Since most cities have skateparks, I will probably attempt to ride my new city bike through a pipe or slide on a rail inside said skating park. I will alter my face horribly every time I fall. I'll realize that my new city bike was not made for sliding rails and I will never slide a rail again.

·
Registered
376 Posts
If your looking to use it at a skate park or doing drops off stairs and stuff like that the seat post length doesn't matter. In fact the longer the seat post the more it's gonna whack you in the nuts which just isn't good. Look at the Top Tube length. Large DJ/Urban frames are around 23.5" which is what I ride at 6'4", however I'm used to riding BMX so even the 22" TT frame seemed big to me.

The Mullet is a decent platform but give some serious thought into finding a steel frame, it will last longer and be a lot better at taking some serious abuse. I have a GT Chucker 2.0 which is nearly the same as the Mullet but I'm looking at getting a Large Jamis Kromo.

·
AKA; Jimmy Tango
804 Posts
I am 6' with a 33" inseam. I like mine, 15"frame size, and I prefer urban. Maybe I should get with the times and get some tight pants, ride strictly dj, or ONLY on MY 20", and buy jdm parts for my car. While rocking out to something ghey like Chevelle or Nickleback, and dreaming of the day I will be old enough to buy PBR.
There are many other great choices of frames, but if you're looking to start, its a good starting point, 19" is way to big though. Ride for yourself, not because BurgerKing tells you it dumb.

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
gop427 said:
I am 6' with a 33" inseam. I like mine, 15"frame size, and I prefer urban. Maybe I should get with the times and get some tight pants, ride strictly dj, or ONLY on MY 20", and buy jdm parts for my car. While rocking out to something ghey like Chevelle or Nickleback, and dreaming of the day I will be old enough to buy PBR.
There are many other great choices of frames, but if you're looking to start, its a good starting point, 19" is way to big though. Ride for yourself, not because BurgerKing tells you it dumb.
HEY! How dare you compare Chevelle and Nickleback! Nickleback blows....lol :p Just giving ya crap. Screw tight pants though...and I could already buy PBR if I wanted, but prefer something with a little better taste...

But seriously how can you say no one rides urban anymore. When you don't have any DJs near and you feel like hucking yourself off of some stuff what do you got left? I'm glad my college has got some decent stuff to drop off of, otherwise I would be losing my mind. I've got a Giant STP SS, and its been holding up real well to my abuse. May want to check one of those out too?

·
NICE KID...NICE
717 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Ask your local bike shop if they have they order from the BTI catalog. Here you go....
Buy it !!

ATOMLAB Trailking

BTI part #: AL-9755
vendor part #: 1FRM301R
bottom bracket: 68mm
size: 11.5"
seat angle: 70 deg
front derail: 28.6mm
chainstay: 14.5-15.5"
top tube: 23.5"
seatpost: 26.6mm
headset: 1-1/8" Integrated
color: red
head angle: 69 deg

A 26" frame that handles like a 20", ideal for Jump, Park or Pump Track
Bottom bracket box-gusset and contoured seat tube allow for shortest possible stays
4130 butted, gusseted CrMo tubing with 135mm OLD horizontal dropouts
Integrated headset (41mmx45deg) sold separately
English threaded BB (no ISCG chain guide mount)
International Standard 51mm disc mount. 5.2lbs

If you want something a lot cheaper...consider the complete
2009 DK ASTERIK - $690.00 https://oldskoolcycles.com/DK_Asterik.aspx
:

Frame DK 26" design 100% 4130 Butted Chromoly
Fork Marzocchi DJ-3 Suspension Fork w/ Chromoly Steerer and 80mm of Travel
Handlebar Aluminum 30mm rise
Grips DK Tsuka
Stem Shorty CNC Alloy
Headset Cane Creek Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing 1-1/8"
Detangler
Brake Avid BB5 Mechaical Disc w/160mm rotor
Crank DK Social 3pc 170mm Chromoly
BB Euro Sealed w/ 48 splined Chromoly spindle
Pedals DK Aluminum Platform w/ replaceable pins
Sprocket DK 33T CNC Alloy
Cog 16T Cassette
Chain KMC 410H
Wheels Sun Ditch Witch Rims w/sealed Disc compatible hubs and10mm solid axles
Seat DK Pivotal
Post Alloy 25.4 mm Pivotal
Tires Kenda Multi surface design, 26"X2.3" front and rear
Accessories
Color Matte White

TT Length 22"
CS Length 16.25"
HT Angle 69 degrees
ST Angle 70 degrees

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey, that whole thing I wrote about the skate park wasn't supposed to make any sense.
Thanks for all the input though, I thought I wasn't going to get any info after that first guy posted.

·
NICE KID...NICE
717 Posts
No worries...

I have been riding street for a little while. I dont know much but what I do know I will share.

And dont be discouraged by Douche king. There are a ton of guys on this sight who will help. And even more who will hate.

·
Drinking the Slick_Juice
1,809 Posts
NotQuiteJdm said:
Haha you must be a kid...sorry mate but you losee 2x over. I already told you to "get over it, *****" remember? thats why you called me a dick? :rolleyes:
way to ruin the beginings of a good thread, only kids call others kids

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
nuck_chorris said:
way to ruin the beginings of a good thread, only kids call others kids
Aww Man Come on name callers Go to P1nK B!ke..........
I'll take it even further.....you BABYS!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.