Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A most excellent ride this morning at Marshall Mesa. I was determined to do some kind of a loop using the High Plans trail. No map. No GPS. I just kept MM in view. So I ended up coming out of HP and down the road into Superior. I couldn't seem to find any dirt for that part. Then right before that Megalopolis, I spotted a trail to the left. I hopped the fence and road the Coal Trail trail (I think) to a dirt road. Still kept MM in view. Took that for what seemed like a year until I came to a water tank. A gate said it was closed due to Eagle nesting. But, I knew Cowdry Draw was just down the road. Took that back to Greenbelt and out to the car. I encountered one two foot section of mud. Everything else was dry.

I encountered one horsey and properly dismounted way before she got to me. It was a Park Ranger. She was pleasantly surprised and thanked me.

1,328 Posts
lidarman said:
I almost hit MM on my ride today. It was nice out alright.

This was the most interesting sighting on my ride.

Nice!!

I used to race for a shop back in lovely Tacoma WA on a red Pro-Flex 855 sporting the really subtle yellow/green Magura hydro rim brakes (the rear brake cable routing rendered cable actuated brakes worthless). I tell you, that was a fantastic bike at the time. Maybe 25-26 lbs, pretty stout rear-end and the fork never flexed. If they could've ever tamed the rebound and the integrated stem issue, I wouldn't have been surprised to see the forks stick around. I think Look had something similar a year or three back...

Regarding the Spinergy's... ...eeek...there's a reason they're not allowed at mass-start road events

·
Old, stale, negative
800 Posts
I finally got out to hit Spring Brook loop from Louisville. I gotta say. Life is better right out the door. Those snow drifts were corn snow and tough to navigate. Otherwise super fun with minimal mud. Great day with a sail home. Good to be on the bike after tele boarding so much the last few weeks.

·
MFin' Princess
5,488 Posts
WKD-RDR said:
dig the knee highs :thumbsup:
Thanks! I swear, about billion people asked me where I got 'em. Chicks, dudes, young, old, hikers, bikers, didn't matter. These things are universally appreciated for some damn reason. I shoulda filled my CamelBak with 'em, I would have made a mint! :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.