Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, really interested in buying a six point four just a few questions though...
According to the Iron Horse magazine the six point has a 1.5 headtube, but all the pictures ive seen look nowhere near like 1.5, if not is it still strong enough for some freeride in britain (small road gaps less knarly DH tracks etc)? Im only 126 pounds
Aswell as this what size should i get, this will be my first iron horse and i think im in between sizes, im 5,8 with quite long legs thanks again. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I built my 6point up to be one disgustingly fun 6" travel FR bike. With an 83mm BB and a 150mm rear I actually think it leans more towards FR than AM. There's miles of welds that make them look indestructible. The HA isn't as slack as a lot of FR bikes but it climbs well and if your light on your feet it's fairly agile on the DH. Feels nicely balanced in the air as well as fast out of turns as soon as you hit the pedals. I'm 5'8" as well and 150 lbs and I ride the Med frame with a 50mm stem and a 30inch bar. Not sure on weight but it's bearable on the XC trails I have to do with the wife. Not positive on the headtube size either as I've read different things as well. Good luck and enjoy! :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.