Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 633 Posts

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
baycat said:
Luc

will you bless us with the first shots of a 6.8 on actual dirt!!!!!!

Hey I ride a 19", coincidence?
I will need to make a few parts swap beforehand. I don’t have the replacement fork yet and want to sell the Fox as NEW. Can't wait...tomorrow is going to be MY Christmas!! :thumbsup:

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
ska todd said:
Does your Christmas come early just like your Thanksgiving comes on Columbus Day? Silly Canucks! :p

-ska todd
Hey...every day is special for me...but tomorrow is going to be a bit more special-er-er :p

bring out the poutine and Labbat Blue - it's a celebration *****es! LOL

·
on a routine expedition
1,584 Posts
Acadian said:
mine will be here tomorrow!!! :) Can't wait!

I got a 19" thou..
Nice!

I'm 5'11" and from what I've read I could really go with either size so I'm interested to hear what led you to the 19". Isn't your 7.7 a 17"?

I'm looking forward to a test ride on a 6point soon. Maybe there will be an RFX in the classifieds before long...

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
SkullCrack said:
Nice!

I'm 5'11" and from what I've read I could really go with either size so I'm interested to hear what led you to the 19". Isn't your 7.7 a 17"?

I'm looking forward to a test ride on a 6point soon. Maybe there will be an RFX in the classifieds before long...
I’m 5’10” and like to run a short stems on all my bikes (e.g. between 55 and 65 – but my DH has a 45).

My 7Point is indeed a 17”, but it has a 23” Effective TT (with a 55mm stem)
My Sunday has a 23.5 Effective TT (and that’s a DH bike)
My MkIII has a 23.25 Effective TT (with a 65mm stem)

See the pattern? I like effective TT’s that are about 23”. The 19” 6Point offers a 23” TT without the setback seatpost, which I won’t be running. The 17” is 22” – I cannot see myself do long epic rides on a bike that has a 22” TT. Maybe if I wasn’t doing much climbing, but the 6Point is designed to be pedaled up the mountain. :thumbsup:

so in short...I "assume" the 19" is what I need. The Wheelbase is a bit longer than my MkIII but pretty much on par with my 7Point - should make for a super stable bike on those fast fun descents, which is what I will be seeking on this bike!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Nice bike. What size is the next one. Might have to come see that.

Anyone else wish the frame was just like the 7Point ? The bent downtube is too Demo.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Nice bike. What size is the next build ? Might have to come see it.

Anyone else wish the frame was just like the 7Point ? The bent downtube is too Demo.

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
greenmacheen said:
Nice bike. What size is the next build ? Might have to come see it.

The next one to be built is also a 17
come on down to the shop and see the bike in person. It is amazing!!!

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Acadian said:
I’m 5’10” and like to run a short stems on all my bikes (e.g. between 55 and 65 – but my DH has a 45).

My 7Point is indeed a 17”, but it has a 23” Effective TT (with a 55mm stem)
My Sunday has a 23.5 Effective TT (and that’s a DH bike)
My MkIII has a 23.25 Effective TT (with a 65mm stem)

See the pattern? I like effective TT’s that are about 23”. The 19” 6Point offers a 23” TT without the setback seatpost, which I won’t be running. The 17” is 22” – I cannot see myself do long epic rides on a bike that has a 22” TT. Maybe if I wasn’t doing much climbing, but the 6Point is designed to be pedaled up the mountain. :thumbsup:

so in short...I "assume" the 19" is what I need. The Wheelbase is a bit longer than my MkIII but pretty much on par with my 7Point - should make for a super stable bike on those fast fun descents, which is what I will be seeking on this bike!

Luc.
I am also 5-10 and like to run shortish stems as well. The 17" 6 point felt on the small side to me after ripping it around the neighborhood for a few. I would also opt for the 19.

1 - 20 of 633 Posts