Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
on a routine expedition
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got my 6 Point built up. I can't wait to ride it, in fact I think I feel a cold coming on. I better call in sick to work tomorrow!

Took a few shots this morning while it's clean. I think I'll be too busy riding to bother getting it this clean again.

Specs:
Iron Horse 6Point6 frame, Large, DHX-A 3.0
Rock Shox Lyrik 2step
Thomson X4 70mm stem
Syncros Bulk bar
SRAM X.0 triggers
Saint front derailleur
SRAM X.0 rear derailleur
Shimano Saint brakes, 8" front, 6" rear
Race Face Evolve DH cranks, e13 DRS chainguide
Crank Bros. Acid carbon/mag pedals
Race Face seatpost
WTB Laser V saddle
DT Swiss EX 1750 wheelset
Kenda Nevegal/Blue Groove tires
Weight: 34 lbs

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Nice Skull!:thumbsup:

When you have a chance, can you post some pic's of the rear hub/ drop-out interface and what type of lock down is being used? 150mm is new territory for me esp on a non DH heavy duty FR type bike and I dont really want to have to carry a 9/16" open end wrench in my sock like the old bmx days.

After your first bashing, please leave some feedback too. Im about to sell the RFX infavor of trying one of these DW 6. somethings.

·
Just another FOCer
1,371 Posts
Most of us 7Point vets carry a small adjustable wrench in our packs. I can't remember if the (6Point) axle also has an allen head. (The 05 7Point axle did.)

drumstix said:
150mm is new territory for me esp on a non DH heavy duty FR type bike and I dont really want to have to carry a 9/16" open end wrench in my sock like the old bmx days.

·
on a routine expedition
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
drumstix said:
Nice Skull!:thumbsup:

When you have a chance, can you post some pic's of the rear hub/ drop-out interface and what type of lock down is being used? 150mm is new territory for me esp on a non DH heavy duty FR type bike and I dont really want to have to carry a 9/16" open end wrench in my sock like the old bmx days.
You're lucky, the bike is still in the back of my truck. Here you go:

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
What can I say, everyone else said it, killer bike!

But what caught my attention was this for a Large! Weight: 34 lbs! Did not know it was that light. Almost the same weight as a burly built MKIII.

·
on a routine expedition
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
baycat said:
What can I say, everyone else said it, killer bike!

But what caught my attention was this for a Large! Weight: 34 lbs! Did not know it was that light. Almost the same weight as a burly built MKIII.
Thanks!

I'm pleased about the weight as well. If someone starts making lighter cranks, like Shimano XT, compatible with an 83mm shell it'd be easy to shave off even more weight.

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
baycat said:
So how many Homers have been converted to the "Horse Glue Factory" aka DwLink so far?!?!?! :D
2 or 3...and I also think SCUBAPRO will be coming over soon :thumbsup:

34 lbs is respectable. I was hoping for a tad bit less, but that's just me. My 06 MkIII is about 31lbs, so I was hopping for a 31/32lbs 07 6Point. then upgade to a lighter 07 Mk :cool:

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
SkullCrack said:
You're lucky, the bike is still in the back of my truck. Here you go:

Thanks bro!

Please dont forget to post some thoughts about the ride and handling. Maybe post some thoughts or PM me about the differences between the RFX too.

Have you talked to Cane Creek or Avalanche about a shock fit yet?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.