Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that there are a lot of these out now, and I'm looking into buying one. Want it to be as close to 5 lbs. as possible. At first I was sold on the new Z1 FR1 150mm, but there are so many other options, I just had to ask. Weighing price and performance, what is the best buy in this class (has to be 20mm axle):

2005 Marzocchi Z1 FR1
2004 Marzocchi Z150 SL
2005 Manitou Sherman Firefly Plus (forget the Flick; 1/2 lb. heavier)
2005 Fox 36

Any other lightweight, 6 inch, single crowns that I'm leaving out? What's your pick?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Andrewpalooza said:
2005 Marzocchi Z1 FR1
2004 Marzocchi Z150 SL
2005 Manitou Sherman Firefly Plus (forget the Flick; 1/2 lb. heavier)
2005 Fox 36

Any other lightweight, 6 inch, single crowns that I'm leaving out? What's your pick?
Rockshock Pike
Manitou Nixon

The Marz. z1 fr or pike look to be my picks

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
scabrider said:
do not get a stance flow... they suck the sweat off a dead man's balls
Wasn't planning on it.. .they are a bit of a boat anchor. I'm going to be using this for aggressive trail riding, with some small (probably under 10') drops. I have some heavier equipment that I can switch out for everything else.

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gman said:
how do you guys like the pike?
From what I have heard, it's a very good performing, affordable fork, with no reliability problems, and a pretty loyal following. Judging from how nice my Psylo is, I'd guess it is a pretty buttery fork. It's not six inches though, as this thread might suggest, and I'm not going to buy one anytime soon.

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Felpur said:
Rockshock Pike
Manitou Nixon

The Marz. z1 fr or pike look to be my picks
Technically, the Pike is only 140mm and the Nixon is 145mm. Neither of those are true freeride forks, but I'm sort of considering them just because they are close enough for what I'll be doing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.