Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally convinced my bro to come out on an urban session and take some shots of me.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After teaching him how to hop and get his weight back on the bike, he nutted it up and dropped some small ledges on my old hardtail. He did pretty well for a first timer... but let's just say I should have given him my shin guards :eek:

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I like the first pic, nice drop there. Your bro is doing bigger drops than I do for his first time and I have been riding for to-many years!

How does the 6.6 handle the drops? Notice any rear end flex at all? Do you sit behind the front wheel enough that drops and steeps feel confident?

Thanks and Merry Christmas bro! :)

·
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
drumstix said:
I like the first pic, nice drop there. Your bro is doing bigger drops than I do for his first time and I have been riding for to-many years!

How does the 6.6 handle the drops? Notice any rear end flex at all? Do you sit behind the front wheel enough that drops and steeps feel confident?

Thanks and Merry Christmas bro! :)
yeah Danny did a pretty good job albeit the pedals eating his shins. It looks like I may have a riding partner in the making!

The 6.6 was fine on the drops. I wasn't too worried about it being too harsh landing on pavement at all. It wasn't exactly like landing on a cloud, but I didn't hold back on hitting that drop over and over again. I still had a good 1/2-3/4 inch left from totally bottoming out the dhxa. The stout wheelset helps too (dt fr6.1 and hadleys). If anything, I was more worried about the z1 and the carbon bar. I have a tendency to let the front end slap down on these bigger drops, even if I land with the rear first. :eek:
In terms of flex.. nothing noticeable. This is a pretty burly bike, esp around the pivot areas. But I have yet to compare this to another FS bike... or a flexy one. :)

I'm running a 70mm Thomson stem, which is perfect for all applications. Drops and steeps are fine. I think even a 50mm would work well too, and there would still ample room in the cockpit (i am 5'10). The front end is a bit harder than my HT to wheelie and get the front end up. So maybe this 50mm would be handy in this case. Hellloooo white deity stem and bar!

Merry christmas, hannukah, kwanza, etc to all you guys out there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.