Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering how much abuse the 6.6 can take?
would it stand up to heavy freeride and downhill duties?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Yes, to an extent

I won a DH last weekend on mine, granted it's more of a Super D course, but does have some hellacious rocks and a couple drops. for some photos of T Money jumping the big double follow this link, look on page 3 of the Eureka Springs event, he's the guy wearing the red jersey, and Dee Max.http://lisamariephotos.tripod.com. The gap is about 21 feet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
nice pics...

I won a DH last weekend on mine, granted it's more of a Super D course, but does have some hellacious rocks and a couple drops. for some photos of T Money jumping the big double follow this link, look on page 3 of the Eureka Springs event, he's the guy wearing the red jersey, and Dee Max.http://lisamariephotos.tripod.com. The gap is about 21 feet.
E2...is T Money sporting a Van36 on his 6point6?

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Not really.

At least not what i consider dh abuse.

there's an uzzi and m3 for that.

·
Goes to 11
220 Posts
Been there, asked that...

take a look here:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=126457

If you are still looking to get that one-bike, the 6.6 might be your ticket,
but if you're planning to go big, i suggest you go for the Uzzi.
I did, and I am very happy with it (although it made some of the technical parts too easy.. ;) )

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
kidwoo said:
Not really.

At least not what i consider dh abuse.

there's an uzzi and m3 for that.
I'm with Kidwoo on this one. I own a 6.6 and it's a phenomenal bike, but not up to the task of heavy duty freeride and DH - at least not as I define it.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
TheNewOriginal said:
If you are still looking to get that one-bike, the 6.6 might be your ticket,
but if you're planning to go big, i suggest you go for the Uzzi.
I did, and I am very happy with it (although it made some of the technical parts too easy.. ;) )
:thumbsup: Uzzi is the way to go!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
screamingforvengeance said:
Get the Uzzi you can build it solid and light, mine weighs about 32.5 right now and handles everything I throw at it.
Holy sh**!!!! :eek: How did you get it so light?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Get the Uzzi you can build it solid and light, mine weighs about 32.5 right now and handles everything I throw at it.
Time get the scale re-calibrated;)
My 6.6 weighs 32.5 with a mid to light build and the Uzzi frame alone weighs almost 3 pounds more than the 6.6.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Speed holes.

If I put the parts from my 6.6 on my uzzi, I'm sure it would be close to 33lbs.

It would fall apart the first ride down anything interesting but it would be light.

·
Registered
291 Posts
kidwoo said:
Speed holes.

If I put the parts from my 6.6 on my uzzi, I'm sure it would be close to 33lbs.

It would fall apart the first ride down anything interesting but it would be light.
Wow you guys must be so hardcore Bender type riders droppin 50 foot drops cuz I hammer on my bike ,and had never had a problem with ANYTHING breaking on it .Here are some pics none on a scale,will have to go the shop for that one.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Wow you guys must be so hardcore Bender type riders droppin 50 foot drops cuz I hammer on my bike ,and had never had a problem with ANYTHING breaking on it .Here are some pics none on a scale,will have to go the shop for that one.

That's an odd beast you have there. All those parts would be at home on a 5.5.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts