Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just built up the ti-gold 6.6 this past weekend(with thanks to sriracha). took a while to figure out the kinks but Rick and Brendan @ intense were a great help. Thanks guys!

the ti-gold is hard to photograph...very subtle...

next stop: Roco TST R!

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Nice! :thumbsup:

That's the setup i'm thinking of building...'07 6.6 with RP23/'07 66SL ATA . :D

How do you like it? I'm hearing of problems with the '0766. Any?

I'm also wondering about the RP23. I weigh 250#'s. Some others are saying I should go with a coil shock. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G-Ryder said:
Nice! :thumbsup:

That's the setup i'm thinking of building...'07 6.6 with RP23/'07 66SL ATA . :D

How do you like it? I'm hearing of problems with the '0766. Any?

I'm also wondering about the RP23. I weigh 250#'s. Some others are saying I should go with a coil shock. :rolleyes:
thanks, i'm 200 lbs and i need to run 250 psi in the chamber. the RP23 takes a 300 psi max. I am planning to get a coil shock. The leverage ratio is almost 3:1 which is pretty high i think, hence the very high pressures required for proper sag. you'd be best off to ask Intense directly.

i'm guessing i'll probaly need a 600-650+ spring when i get the coil shock.

the 66 is a RC2X. full coil, full-on buttered popcorn. haven't heard many problems with 66SL's, much improved from the 2006' models.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
looks good.

I really dig that color it's got to be the most slept on color avaiable. No pictures do it justice, although your's are pretty damn close. Good choice on the brakes also, i've been running the formulas for a while now and they have a great mix of modulation and power.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
right on man...formula makes some amazing brakes! i just wish i was able to find longer levers. i can't seem to find a perfect perch distance without the MC interfering with the SRAM Rockets. plus that would provide even more power and modulation! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Really nice setup, I envy you !

I love my Oro levers, they fit great with my XL palms, and I can brake with 1 finger all day. Amazing brakes. You could try running them on the outside of shifters on handlebar, but then you'd have problems shifting.

·
Registered
782 Posts
ti gold looks too tasty, hmmm, yumyum.

Like the saddle and the rear mech, SR71 gunmetal stem would give you different gradation to the it gold.

misctwo, I would recommend that you protect beneath the chainstay near the bash, there the chain would slap a lot.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
peachy-B said:
takes quite a beating around that area doesn't it?
yeah it does take a beatin', but the LRP helps.

how do you all protect your stays? i guess i'll check out the photo album for ideas. i used old cut tire tubes on my tazer that worked great for 1/3 year and kept replacing as it broke/unraveled.

some people think it looks like crap, but i happen to think it looks good.

·
Registered
782 Posts
misctwo said:
yeah it does take a beatin', but the LRP helps.

how do you all protect your stays? i guess i'll check out the photo album for ideas. i used old cut tire tubes on my tazer that worked great for 1/3 year and kept replacing as it broke/unraveled.

some people think it looks like crap, but i happen to think it looks good.
I put the clear 3M protetion sheet by cutting along with the shape there. It's working for now.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Psycho Mike said:
Nice machine there, Misctwo. A 6.6 is where I'd like to be, but for me, I'd have to go DHX coil (I'm 240# before gear).
thanks yeah I'm going to try a couple coil shocks on here. first a 5th element then a roco. take the plunge before they discontinue them (kidding)

RoverNick, the RP23 is actually not bad. at first i hated it, the propedal wasn't consistent somehow. but after a couple long rides it's rollin' pretty smooth. Of course it's not like the ride that a coil can provide..and the PP turns out to be more powerful than i thought.

i just don't like the idea of always running 270 psi for my fat 200 lb a$$.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rover Nick said:
How do you like it with the RP23
at first i didn't like the RP23, it was not very responsive. but after a couple of rides it's growing on me...it's pretty plush but has bottomed out a couple of times. but i' plan to put a coil spring on it this w/;e to see how it differs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.