Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone whose spent time on both could give me some insite on their ride characteristics and how they differ. Not necessarily which is better or worse, because I doubt you could go wrong with either. I'd just like to get an idea of which might suit me the best and could really use the help. Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Leprechaun said:
I was wondering if anyone whose spent time on both could give me some insite on their ride characteristics and how they differ. Not necessarily which is better or worse, because I doubt you could go wrong with either. I'd just like to get an idea of which might suit me the best and could really use the help. Thanks.
I own a 5.5 and a Moment, so I can offer at least some insight. I really like how the 5.5 rides, but I was looking for another bike with a little more travel and more relaxed geometry. I initially looked at the 6.6, but thought the angles were still a little steep and in person I just didn't feel the love for the bike. I didn't ride the 6.6, but there is so much tube manipulation and such that cosmetically it looked too busy to me. Bad reason, I know, but I like my bikes as much for how they look as how they ride. I ended up getting the Moment and I really like it. It's not better or worse than the Intense, just different. It's very clean looking, has nice relaxed angles, pedals very well (equal to the 5.5) and is good in rough technical conditions.

The 5.5 is probably the best bike I've ridden in technical conditions and the 6.6 is probably as good if not better than the 5.5, but when it came down to it, I chose the more relaxed angles and clean lines of the Ellsworth. If the 6.6 had slacker angles and was anodized (I hate how powercoat deteriorates over time) I definitely would have gotten the Intense, but I'm happy with what I chose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts