Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Ive never ridden either of these bikes but Ive eyeing the 6.6 for the last few months. I want to buy one but the cost seems a little high for me at this point. Do any of you have experience with the new Enduros? It seems I can pick up an enduro with dhx air and 36rc with decent components for 2500 ish. Plus they come with a lifetime warranty. I really would like the 6.6 but it seems like im looking at atleast 4k to get one built. I guess I have never been dissapointed by going with the nicer of 2 options but am I going to be having that much more fun on a 6.6? Ive never heard anything but good stuff about the 6.6 I guess I just need more money.

·
1,247 Posts
Enduros are nice, but if you ride a 6.6 and then ride an enduro, you'll definitely lean towards the 6.6. I spent an afternoon on an Enduro S-works w/ a dhx air and didn't really enjoy the ride. It seems to lurch over obstacles where the vpp on the 6.6 would just smoothly roll over them. I think this may be because of the path of the axle on the 2 suspension designs. I also favored my Marz over the Fox fork.. way more buttery, but maybe the fox wasn't adjusted correctly.
I also tend to get out of my saddle and hammer on the steep stuff, so naturally the HL on the enduro will bob more.

Either way you go, put a speedball or the gravitydropper seatpost on it.. the best thing you can do for any bike. :thumbsup:

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
I went from an 03 enduro to a 6.6 but I've also ridden a lot of the newer style enduros.

6.6 climbs a bizillion times better and does feel a little smoother through chop. Both bikes rail on descents though, it was the pedaling difference that did it for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts