Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
401 - 420 of 460 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
rugbyred said:
ktnr,

Looks sweet.
I just installed a HS on mine as well. Used the FR version.
Can you please let me know your build.

Eric
Why did you use the FR version?

09 Small Raw SS
09 Fox DHX with 450 DSP ti spring soon
2010 Lyrik DH Solo Air
I9s with DT Swiss 5.1
Minion DHF 2.5-single plys
Maxxis Ultralite tubes
Elixer CR Mags
Deity Dirty30 cut to 28"
Sunline AM 50mm stem
CC flush headset-top and bottom
AM HammerSchmidt
KMC XP SL chain
Sram X9 shifter and derailer
Thompson seatpost
WTB Rocket V ti rails
33.5 lbs

·
Registered
734 Posts
Cause I'm a fat bastard! I'm 6'3" and weigh 230lbs. My wife bought it for me for Christmas and she got it at cost. Not going to complain about a little extra weight!

I need to weigh mine. I weighed it last year at the beginning of the season but it has gone through some major changes.

Nice build by the way.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I got about 20 miles of XC/AM riding in on my new SS. It feels pretty darn close to my Socom when I had it built up at 36.5 lbs but climbs a lot better. Im digging the SS so far. The Lyric feels pretty good, but Im still playing with the knobs. :) The SS pedals great with the HS and I dont know how I ever lived without it. I made a lot of climbs I normally would have walked on. It handled the steeps just as well as the old Socom too. This bike is awesome as an AM ride.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Here's mine:

Will be switching to double+bash soon but wanted to get it ridable so I could take it out this weekend. Need to put a firmer spring in, and judging by the number of pedal strikes I had on the first ride perhaps shorter cranks (or else get better at knowing where my feet are). It also needs to lose some weight, but other than that I'm loving it!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine...

Frame: Medium Midnight blue w/135mm slacker dropouts
Shock: Custom valved RS Vivid 5.1 w/Obtainium Ti coil
Fork: RS Lyrik DH Solo Air / tapered steerer
Headset: e13 reducer + FSA bearing / Cane Creek Double X-II 1.5"
Wheels: DT Swiss EX 1750 w/Stan's strips
Tires: Maxxis Swampthing DH UST 2.5 / Michelin Comp 16 2.2
Brakes: Shimano XT M775 w/Goodridge hoses
Cranks: Shimano SLX 170mm w/e13 chain ring and LG1 guide
Shifting: XTR M970 shifter / Saint M810 rear der
Bars: Funn Fat Boy 30mm rise / 750mm
Stem: Thomson X4 50mm
Grips: RaceFace Diabolus ODI
Seatpost: Truvativ Stylo Team
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR XC
Pedals: Crank Brothers Mallet 1
Weight: can't find my scale...

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Some of the Slopestyles in this thread are awesome! Love how some have them set up for all mountain and others a full on freeride machines.

Here is my medium SS1.

Couple of bits have changed since these pics were taken - Superstar Ultra Mag pedals, Sunline V-one 745mm bars and I've actually fitted a saddle and post! At the time no where in the UK seemed to stock a Thomson 31.6mm post so I had to look at it like this for 2 weeks before I could actually ride it!!

I've not got a KS/Pure adjustable seat post on now and the Thomson is used as a spare should anything happen to the KS one.

·
Registered
734 Posts
zmtthw,

Nice build.
Are your pedals from Superstar Components? If yes, how do you find them with only two pins located front and back?
They look interesting as they are nice and light, but not sure how well they will grip.

Eric

·
Registered
150 Posts
Eric,
Thanks. I bought these pedals not to long ago, actually for my AM bike. I wear them with two different 5.10's and haven't really noticed myself slipping off ever. They are pretty light and have pretty big surface area which is nice. The only thing I wish they might add is maybe a little longer pins. Like I mentioned I really haven't slipped off, but it seems like if they pins were a tad longer then it might work out better. But I will post a few more pics of them to help you see any more detail.

Z

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Bro,

is this 2008 or 2009 SS1 version? i got the same frame but used one and i don't know whether is 2008 or 2009..

regards
hardian

imprezarob said:
Some of the Slopestyles in this thread are awesome! Love how some have them set up for all mountain and others a full on freeride machines.

Here is my medium SS1.

Couple of bits have changed since these pics were taken - Superstar Ultra Mag pedals, Sunline V-one 745mm bars and I've actually fitted a saddle and post! At the time no where in the UK seemed to stock a Thomson 31.6mm post so I had to look at it like this for 2 weeks before I could actually ride it!!

I've not got a KS/Pure adjustable seat post on now and the Thomson is used as a spare should anything happen to the KS one.

401 - 420 of 460 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.