Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
suspension whore
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building up a 6.6 to replace an ellswth ID with a Marz AM1
want something stiffer and beefier,
ID feels too light now that I'm used to the demo 9 (with 888, manitu4 way and single ring)

want the 6.6 to be able to climb but not the priority, want thru axl and beefier rims.
Currently trying to choose b/n Fox Van and Marz 66 light with ETA.
I've read all the posts over the last 2 months and wondering if any current owners wanted to follow up on earlier ride reports or jump in with opinions?

thx

·
aka...appBLING72
1,036 Posts
matthew said:
ID feels too light now that I'm used to the demo 9 (with 888, manitu4 way and single ring)

want the 6.6 to be able to climb but not the priority, want thru axl and beefier rims.
I've read all the posts over the last 2 months and wondering if any current owners wanted to follow up on earlier ride reports or jump in with opinions?

thx
I have owned a Fox Van 36 and sold it to get the Marz 66 Light. They both feel good, I just think the Marzocchi beats it out in feeling, build quality and having the Travel adjust feature. Especially for a 6.6 which I have as well. I have a Z1 Light on my 6.6 and it feels good too.

·
1,247 Posts
I have the z1 light on my 6.6 and it feels great. Sometimes I think a 66 light would have been nice too, but i think that would add some considerable weight and burliness I may not need. Maybe my ego is getting ahead of reality
;)

I don't have much to compare the light to, since my last bike had the 02 z1 130mm. The ETA feature is really great tho, if you happen to go with the 66.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
matthew said:

thx
Put some 20mm axle Z1 lowers (any year from 2003-2006 will work) on your AM1 and that will stiffen it right up.

You'll keep the ETA and TST and have the ability to drop the travel if needed.

·
suspension whore
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the frankenfork is a good Idea but the bike is full XTR so would also involve a hub change and I understand xtr dosnt compat with 20mm, to many parts sitting on the work bench.
Rather sell bike whole as what it was designed for than put more money into mods.
Also ok with the Idea of a stouter frame- time to try an intense

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.