Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
pb2
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I am shopping around for large 6.6 frame (or maybe a nomad if I cannot get a deal on a 6.6) thankfully I am not in a desperate hurry to have it tomorrow, in truth I would be happy to pay now and take delivery in Jan or Feb for the right deal and I am relaxed about the colors apart from the BRG and the ball burnished finish which was simply dreadful on the one I saw a few days ago.

So $64 question, what constitutes a great 6.6 frame & dhx air shock deal, I don't care where is comes from as long as it is new & has full warranty, I don't need anything other than a good old fashioned deal.

I don't expect anyone to embarass a dealer who has given them a great deal by posting their name and the price, you can either reply just stating a target price or ping me a PM or email with the basics.

PS do you reckon I could run my 06 Pikes on the 6.6 and still have fun or do I need to shell out for a pair of Fox 36 RC2s :(

Thnx in advance Paul

·
aka...appBLING72
1,032 Posts
Boutique Bikes Hands Down

Esquire @ Boutique Bikes is the place to get any Intense or SC. Great knowledge, great customer service, great prices! Give them a call or shoot Esquire a PM with what you want. He has 6.6's available now.

As for the fork ?. Go Marzocchi. Z1 Light, AM1, 66 Light or SL. Don't mess with the Fox. I have had both the VAN 36RC2 and Talas 36 RC2. The Talas rebound kind of lost it's tuning range after about a month and felt either too stiff on small bumps, or to soft when small bump worked right. The VAN 36 was a good feeling fork, it just didn't have any travel adjustment, no ETA (quasi Lockout) and it certainly didn't feel as good as the 66Light that I have or Z1 Light that I have for my 6.6. That is just my opinion and everyone has their own perception. Personally, I just think that Marzocchi is a much better performing fork. There may be a slight more weight, but for the performace gains, it is worth it. Save weight in the wheels.

Just my two cents!!

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
aappling72 said:
Esquire @ Boutique Bikes is the place to get any Intense or SC. Great knowledge, great customer service, great prices! Give them a call or shoot Esquire a PM with what you want. He has 6.6's available now.

As for the fork ?. Go Marzocchi. Z1 Light, AM1, 66 Light or SL. Don't mess with the Fox. I have had both the VAN 36RC2 and Talas 36 RC2. The Talas rebound kind of lost it's tuning range after about a month and felt either too stiff on small bumps, or to soft when small bump worked right. The VAN 36 was a good feeling fork, it just didn't have any travel adjustment, no ETA (quasi Lockout) and it certainly didn't feel as good as the 66Light that I have or Z1 Light that I have for my 6.6. That is just my opinion and everyone has their own perception. Personally, I just think that Marzocchi is a much better performing fork. There may be a slight more weight, but for the performace gains, it is worth it. Save weight in the wheels.

Just my two cents!!

Have you made any decisions about the 6.6 or Nomad yet?

·
not so super...
11,465 Posts
drumstix said:
Have you made any decisions about the 6.6 or Nomad yet?
I wish AA rode size small frames so I could get first crack at his left-overs!! This week it was 6.6, next week could be different and the week after that it will be both:D

I'm sure Esquire isn't complaining:p

·
Registered
329 Posts
Give me a call. We (Hammerhead) have a large orange in stock and could work out a deal.

·
pb2
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update

little b said:
Give me a call. We (Hammerhead) have a large orange in stock and could work out a deal.
Thanks to everyone who has replied or PM me, I feel more confident that I am going to get a win/win deal for me and the dealer and to answer the question of which frame I prefer well its the 6.6, the geometry and build quality just shades it for me although I would be happy with either if truth be known

·
aka...appBLING72
1,032 Posts
SSINGA said:
I wish AA rode size small frames so I could get first crack at his left-overs!! This week it was 6.6, next week could be different and the week after that it will be both:D

I'm sure Esquire isn't complaining:p
Well, the $$$ is starting to run thin, and I am getting tired of building bikes and really would rather find something I like and ride it. So, Hopefully these 2 Intense bikes will fit the bill for at least a year or two. Hopefully! UGI, is an ugly thing though. See ya tomorrow SSINGA. I'll call ya tonight to find out what time to meet.

FYI, I decided on the 6.6 over the Nomad. I posted some reasons why in a different thread I think. It might have been an email, but I'll post some reviews on both both bikes as well as the Cane Creek Double Barrel shock that's on the Uzzi.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts