Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 6.6 and I have two questions:

1. The dealer routed the rear hydraulic hose along the left side. It looks like there is a center channel, directly above the rear shock, that the hose should be routed through. Is this correct? As it stands with the current routing, the rear hose is a little long and annoys me. Is there a routing diagram anywhere, or can someone please post a photo of the correct routing for the rear brake line? If I need to change the routing, do I have to bleed the brake line and re-adjust it, or is there an easier way?

2. I didn't get any kind of warranty paperwork. Do I need to send a card into Intense to register my ownership to make my warranty valid?

Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a great suggestion - I feel stupid for not thinking of it myself. After reviewing some photos, it looks like under the top tube, the left-most (when sitting on the bike) routing should be for the rear brake, while the middle is for the front derailleur. And the right works best for the rear derailleur.

For some reason, mine wasn't routed like that at all. Back to my original question though: to re-route the rear hydraulic line, would I need to drain/bleed the line, re-configure it and re-adjust it? That sounds like kinda a pain..... thoughts, anyone?

·
rain rain go away...
1,195 Posts
remove the link and route that way, no need to drain/bleed.... or look into how i routed them on my VPX, similar to the Socom. IMO, it's the way it should have been.

·
1,247 Posts
i've switched my routing a few times (via link, under and outside the link) and am not completely happy with any of them. I will soon try out peachy-b's recommention of ziptying
the brake and shifter hoses on the downtube ala nomad/socom styles.

·
on a routine expedition
1,585 Posts
mazafakka said:
Thanks - I will look into that. This image:
from Crazy Fred in the 6.6 gallery, looks like a pretty smooth routing. Much cleaner than mine.... I knew I should have ordered the components myself and built it up instead of having the shop do it!
Here's a couple more images that shows the routing a little better (It's my GF's bike). Rear brake down the middle, ft. derailleur on rider's left, rear derailleur on rider's right.

·
suspension whore
702 Posts
I've got that routing as well.
I'm happy with it after a year of riding it.
I was concerned about rubbing on the linkage frame and on the sharp corner of the linkage piece so I used the soft side of some velcro to pad it out
I also used a zip tie to bing the three cables together right where they pass next too the linkage piece too minmalize rubbing and to reduce the amount the cables flex out and contact my legs during shock compression.
Looking at it now I see that the cables have held up and the tube I wrapped around the frame has absorbed all of the wear instead of the frame.
The tube wrap on both sides has been eaten into by the cable and the zip tie is behind the link out of shot.
The velcro on the link on the far side of the shot is very worn but the brake cable is still in great shape.

In short it looks a little silly having all that extra bike tube wrapped around the rear triangle but it does work

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.