Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm more and more tempted by the 6.6 but I think I would want it with a coil shock. Anyone has any spy information from the Intense office, some kind of confidential document listing a coil option coming in the very near future? :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
BanzaiRider said:
I'm more and more tempted by the 6.6 but I think I would want it with a coil shock. Anyone has any spy information from the Intense office, some kind of confidential document listing a coil option coming in the very near future? :D
Yes, this has been talked about considerably. Dampers under consideration are: Fox DHX 5.0 coil, Manitou Revox & Swinger coil 6way, Cane Creek Double Barrel (Ohlins)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am going to be buying a 6.6 over the next couple of months and I am also holding out for the Coil option.

I Would much prefer having it stock with the frame rather than ditching the air shock and having to buy another coil.

If I have to get my own coil shock, I would rather buy the frame without the air shock. Is this an option?

If Intense is taking votes as to which coil, my vote is for the Cane Creek Double Barrel with the ti-spring. This is what I will probably save to get if I have to spec one out separately.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
CCDB, CCDB, CCDB, CCDB, etc.

I'm buying a large 6.6 from Boutique Bikes this spring and, one way or another, with a CCDB. N10s, please make it happen the easy way rather than salting another air shock onto eBay.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Yeah, I was stoked by the Hot Rod Orange but then I saw a pic of the yellow, and then there is that white one ..... ummm ..... BRG is kinda nice too. But then the java is kinda understated and I do like the red on my VPX. Waiting for my wife to tell me what color to get (yeah, right). ;) Although I am worried about the seat tube issue :eek:

NOT

·
aka...appBLING72
1,036 Posts
CCDB w/o a doubt!!

drumstix said:
Have I missed some sort of an issue?
I have a Race Face Atlas post that is a little tight going in after about 6 inches of insertion. I may need to do what I did with the Uzzi and put a deep grit sandpaper on some pvc pipe and kind rub some of whatever is in there out. I think Esquire said he tried a different post that went in fine. So, just a little bit of sanding in there and the Uzzi was perfect. Anyway, that is no big deal to me, especially considering the bike is amazing. And yes, the Cane Creek Double Barrel is a must have for those of you considering a coil. I've heard that Intense and Cane Creek may be courting to try and reach an agreement to see if it's possible to offer the CCDB on their bikes. Wouldn't that be just the ultimate. Top end frame with the best dang shock you can get for mountain bikes. I can't wait for the Cane Creek/Ohlins Fork. I'm sure they are working on it.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
n10'sGuy said:
Yes, this has been talked about considerably. Dampers under consideration are: Fox DHX 5.0 coil, Manitou Revox & Swinger coil 6way, Cane Creek Double Barrel (Ohlins)
Ho please, why not offer two options, a no upcharge DHX 5.0 and a $X upcharge for CCDB. That would be the sweetest and it would appeal to a lot of people.

Revox and Swinger are really out for me. Why a platform shock on a bike that does not need one at all?

Thanks for the info n10, very nice of you to chime in.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
esquire said:
We are working on the Cane Creek issue ourselves right now.
Esquire, I think a small midnight blue would be a frame that would sell easily! :D :D :D Well it would certainly bother me quite a bit if I saw you post a photo of one in front of your new banner! :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
slayer2003 said:
This is my second choice after CCDB:

http://www.answerproducts.com/items.asp?deptid=12&itemid=41

I said Double Barrel earlier, but now I have been trying to research this after seeing it in the new MBA. Not much info out there, but claimed weight of 1lb 3oz with ti-spring for $699.
I sure hate being the delivery guy of bad news, the smallest shock in this line is a 8.75" shock. Read down at the bottom of the page and see their size options. Sorry amigo.

So this shock is out, the new Marzocchi is out. So far the only coils available are the 5th Element, Fox and Cane Creek.

·
Registered
167 Posts
drumstix said:
I sure hate being the delivery guy of bad news, the smallest shock in this line is a 8.75" shock. Read down at the bottom of the page and see their size options. Sorry amigo.

So this shock is out, the new Marzocchi is out. So far the only coils available are the 5th Element, Fox and Cane Creek.
Ah well. Kind of good in a way as now it is one less choice :)
Thanks for pointing that out.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
True, very True...

BanzaiRider said:
Esquire, I think a small midnight blue would be a frame that would sell easily! :D :D :D Well it would certainly bother me quite a bit if I saw you post a photo of one in front of your new banner! :D :D :D
A photo of a midnight blue 6.6 in front of the banner would certainly look spectacular. I'll email Nick today. Not like we don't have enough 6.6's around here, but we don't have a midnight blue, certainly not in small.

:D

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
esquire said:
A photo of a midnight blue 6.6 in front of the banner would certainly look spectacular. I'll email Nick today. Not like we don't have enough 6.6's around here, but we don't have a midnight blue, certainly not in small.

:D
You are no better than Drumstix, tempting people to death should be illegal. :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
drumstix said:
Well, it isnt the midnight blue, but it is a small so perhaps someone can photo shop it for you.
You really had to do this didn't you. Well, you will be sorry for it if I decide to get myself one in midnight blue, that small "powder blue" of yours will look old, faded and outdated compared to my new sparkling midnight blue! :D :D :D

Ok, on a serious note, how tall are you drumstix? I'm curious to see what you will use to build that small 6.6 (seatpost, stem, fork) and the resulting feel on the trails since I find the 6.6 a tad steep in it's angles... I'm 5'8" so I'm more of a medium type frame but I'm built strangely, I have long legs and short torso, ususually shorter bikes tend to fit me better even though I look a bit idiot with a foot of seatpost sticking out of the frame!

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
BanzaiRider said:
You really had to do this didn't you. Well, you will be sorry for it if I decide to get myself one in midnight blue, that small "powder blue" of yours will look old, faded and outdated compared to my new sparkling midnight blue! :D :D :D

Ok, on a serious note, how tall are you drumstix? I'm curious to see what you will use to build that small 6.6 (seatpost, stem, fork) and the resulting feel on the trails since I find the 6.6 a tad steep in it's angles... I'm 5'8" so I'm more of a medium type frame but I'm built strangely, I have long legs and short torso, ususually shorter bikes tend to fit me better even though I look a bit idiot with a foot of seatpost sticking out of the frame!

Cheers.
Memo to esquire, please send me Mario's frame first, as I live around the corner from Olympic Powdercoating I will make sure that the frame is Pink, er I mean Midnight Blue! :D

I still dont have the frame yet, Im still a bit concerned about the size, but I was concerned with the VPX too and if fit fine. Im just a hair under 5' 7" tall and about a 29-30" inseam.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.