Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to change the 4-way Swinger on my 6.6 to something coil sprung. I believe that the VPP link technology does not require a shock with Pro-Pedal. Is this true? Are there advantages of having a Pro-Pedal shock?

If no Pro-Pedal is required, is there any reason not to go with a VAN R or DHX 3.0 over the DHX 5.0? I'm kind of a set it and forget about it kind of person so the bells and whistles on the DHX 5.0 don't turn me on. I have the 36 VAN up front and am loving it. Thanks.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Intense vpp bikes ride pretty darn well once you find the right sag point without any pedal platform. My uzzi came with a swinger which I switched with an old vanilla rc which I really liked. I then had that worked on by push but with no pedal platform added and it's really well suited. I ride my 6.6 with the rp3 on the lowest (zero?) propedal setting up and down the hill and I like it. Still tracks on climbs without squatting and feels as plush as it's going to get on the down side. I haven't ridden my 6.6 with a completely platform free shock but that said........I think you'd be fine the van R but you could certainly justify the dhx shocks because of extra adjustments as well as the pro pedal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts