Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a 2005 575 frame from Go-Ride, and am getting my parts ready for the build. The only thing I'm lacking right now is a stem, and I'm not sure what length I should go for. Here are the details: 6' even, 32" inseam, 35" sleeve, and a size L frame. I'm thinking maybe a 70mm or 90mm Thomson... Any other 6'ers out there wanna chime in?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm about 1 cm under the 6 foot mark. I ride a medium 2004 575, with an 80mm Easton Vice stem. It's feels perfect for me, the steering is quick and precise, but does wander a bit on steep inclines. It all depends on the length of your arms, legs, etc.
Go to www.wrenchscience.com. They have a personal bike fit guide where you enter all your measurements and it calculates your ideal seatpost height, reach etc.

·
singletrack junkie
117 Posts
5'-11.5" here...

I use a 100 MM X 5d Thomson. I don't use any spacers at all, mostly because of the tallish front end, but also due to the fact that my steertube on my existing fork was cut so that no spacers would fit.

Works for me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DoubleDiamond said:
I use a 100 MM X 5d Thomson. I don't use any spacers at all, mostly because of the tallish front end, but also due to the fact that my steertube on my existing fork was cut so that no spacers would fit.

Works for me.
Are you riding a L frame?

·
Adventurous Hacker
438 Posts
Similar measurements

DoubleDiamond said:
large frame.

I origonally tried a 120 x 5d stem thomson (left over from previous bike) but it was just too stretched out for me. Hmmmm.... I need to list that in the classifides....
I'm just a smidge (1/4") under 6' with a 34" inseam. My 100mm Thompson fits nicely. I also have my seat pushed as far back on the rails as it will go.

·
shaved yeti
430 Posts
Cheech said:
Andrew - I'm at 6'0" and run a 100mm Thomson X4 stem on my 575. I'm thinking about a 90mm also. Sounds like there is some agreement amongst the 6 footers.
I'm 5'10" and run 120 on a Medium and 100 on a Large. Just thought I'd throw in a wrench in the whole thing, since I got monkey arms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.