Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Giant Robot
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on the suspension of my manager's GF Sugar One (2000). The SID on the rear, like most SID rear shocks, is pretty much worn out, as I can't even get the positive chamber to hold air anymore. Anyway, the current shock eye-to-eye appears to be 6.25, which was not uncommon for shorter travel full suspension bikes from around that time. I'm wondering if it's possible to run a 6.5 i-to-i shock on the Sugar. Theoretically this would give it a bit more travel, though my boss is less interested in that versus being able to more easily find an inexpensive used replacement rear shock (and not a SID!) Has anyone tried this? If so, how much does it steepen the head angle? Thanks for any input.

·
2,548 Posts
Dr Thunder said:
Anyway, the current shock eye-to-eye appears to be 6.25, which was not uncommon for shorter travel full suspension bikes from around that time. I'm wondering if it's possible to run a 6.5 i-to-i shock on the Sugar. Theoretically this would give it a bit more travel, though my boss is less interested in that versus being able to more easily find an inexpensive used replacement rear shock (and not a SID!) Has anyone tried this? If so, how much does it steepen the head angle? Thanks for any input.
Appears to be ??? Have you even measured it ?? I can't say for sure about Sugars, but the Fuels use 6.5" i2i x 1.5" stroke. If in doubt, contact Fisher.

·
Registered
236 Posts
older

Fuelish said:
Appears to be ??? Have you even measured it ?? I can't say for sure about Sugars, but the Fuels use 6.5" i2i x 1.5" stroke. If in doubt, contact Fisher.
2000-2001 sugars were 6.5" eye to eye and 1.5" stroke
2002 and up were 7.875" eye to eye and 2.0" stroke

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.