Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here actually downhill race there Ironhorse Six Point Fours?

If so, whats your setup for racing?

·
Registered
784 Posts
I don't think you could competitively DH race a IH6 point not unless the course isn't that gnarly and has alot of pedalling sections; but then again nobody is stopping you to do it!

If I have and IH6 to convert for DH race, I'd slap a Fox 40 and run it at 7 inches, get the 8.75 x 2.75 CCDB with Ti spring so that the travel would equal the front.

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
I'd advise against a 40. Doublecrown voids warranty.

Slap a Totem or a 66 on the 6point. Swap shocks for something with 0.25" more stroke, and you'll get just shy of 7" rear travel. Keep an eye out for rubbing of the upper links, or a few other tid-bits that might rub.

Then you should be ready to rock and roll.

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
I doubt you would crack the HT with a 40, besides IH wont give you **** even if you broke it with a single crown.

I'd run a 40 at 7 or a 888RC 7" with a 8.75x2.75 Roco. Slacken that mofo out!

I think there are some pics up in the IH forum of a few 6points racing Fontana

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
There's a picture floating around of a guy at, I think, Fontucky absolutely raging on a 7point with a Totem.

Someone find it. I can't locate it on my hard drive.

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
Agreed, but a 7point with a Totem and a longer-stroke shock will still only weight like 35pounds. The same build on a 7point will still be well around 40-42 pounds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.