Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright fellas, I'm in a tight spot...it's decision time and I'm seriously torn. I know there's been a ton of discussion on this issue, but I need someone to step up and give me some detailed, first-hand knowledge of the differences between the two shocks compared to my preferences.

I've been riding the trusty bullit with the 5th element for almost trhee years now....two big pedaling rides per week. Big climbs, long downhills all day long. I love the 5th and run a slower rebound setting to keep me stable on the slow technical, rocky stuff, but fast enought to keep the rear wheel tracking through the high speed chop.

From what I've read thus far, the DHX is a more lively shock that feels bottomless when compared to the 5th. I dont know how that could be, they both have the same stroke length. Will Someone who's spent some time with both shocks on the VP free give me some details and differences in each?

Kirk- Mountains of NC

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
I"m running a DHX coil on my 6-pack, and a 5th on my VP Free. I really like the lively feel of the DHX for my technical trail rides, with high speed chop, but nothing feels more bottomless for FR than the 5th on my VP Free. I think that if you are going to be using your bike for DH racing, or tons of shuttle assisted riding, then the DHX is the way, but for big hucks, I'd go for the 5th Element.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.