Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
thought about putting this topic on my old thread but started a new one anyway :rolleyes: just boughgt a classic blur with a 5th, but seeing how great everyone says the rp3 is I would like to get everyone's opinions on which is better for a classic blur (more plush, beter platform, weight, durability, etc.).

·
rubber side down
458 Posts
Rp3!

s.c. rox! said:
thought about putting this topic on my old thread but started a new one anyway :rolleyes: just boughgt a classic blur with a 5th, but seeing how great everyone says the rp3 is I would like to get everyone's opinions on which is better for a classic blur (more plush, beter platform, weight, durability, etc.).
I've ridden both...found that the ride is better on the RP3. It's easier to set up, it's more plush, more stable, and above all, more durable.

R

·
Village Dirtbag
2,283 Posts
I'm VERY happy with my 5th (running strong, leak-free and problem free since June 2003- I think the Lizard Skin boot helped). It rides great, is light, and is very efficient. In my limited experience, the propedal damping just isn't as nice as SPV. It is just more low-speed compression damping rather than a threshold, after which you have softer damping. However, the one thing I really like about the RP3 is the ability to run it without the platform. That'd be nice on technical sections. I don't think it is anything worth spending a bunch of time and money worrying about though. Enjoy your Blur/5th combo. If/when the 5th wears out, replace it with whatever the latest and greatest is at that time- there'll probably be something better than the RP3 out by then anyway.

BTW- I'm traveling to the location in your avatar in a month and a half. Did you recently go there or something?

·
Registered
160 Posts
or PUSH???

I've got a 5th Air on my '04 Blur, and I'm not super happy with it. The stiffness/sag seem to vary a lot from day to day, and even during a ride. After adjusting the pressure in both chambers prior to a ride, I'll find halfway thru my ride that the sag has increased significantly, and it doesn't rebound real quick. Fade??

Anyway, I'm thinking of switching to either a straight RP3, a PUSH R or a PUSH RP3. Any feedback on any of these would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
marinrider said:
I've got a 5th Air on my '04 Blur, and I'm not super happy with it. The stiffness/sag seem to vary a lot from day to day, and even during a ride. After adjusting the pressure in both chambers prior to a ride, I'll find halfway thru my ride that the sag has increased significantly, and it doesn't rebound real quick. Fade??

Anyway, I'm thinking of switching to either a straight RP3, a PUSH R or a PUSH RP3. Any feedback on any of these would be appreciated.
Have you had your 5th serviced? Mine felt a lot better after the annual service.

·
Registered
161 Posts
marinrider said:

I have BLT with RP3 and I am not very happy with it either. It behaves exactly the same way like your 5th. It is losing travel during rides and than gains it back. I don´t know what to do with that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got the blur and ...

got the blur and it rides GREAT with the 5th - doesnt bob soaks up bumps and is overall a 10 in performance compared to my bro's 0'4 enduro. i a really happy with it and think i will leave well enough alone. thanx for your opinions! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts