Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife just got back from Moab and as I'm lifting her bike to the rack, I hear this load "CLUNK" in the suspension.

Turns out the rear mount of the 5th Air shock has slid completely to the right of the bushings and over the spacers!!

The bike is an '04 Intense 5.5 with the 5th element air shock.

Anyone seen this before? I expected that the spacers will keep the shock mount centered and that the bushings might wear out, but never would allow the shock mount to get pushed all the way to one side!!

I will disassemle the linkage tonite and provide more details. Just wanted to see if anyone has experienced this before.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steel replacements fixed the problem?

Hecubus said:
I've been through this:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=81269

Call or email progressive and they will send you the new all steel bushings.
Thanks for the info. I actually had already rec'd the replacements, just hadn't replaced them yet.

I assume the steel replacement heim bushings fixed the problem??

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hecubus said:
Use a c-clamp to press them in. Get a socket wrench cup that is the same width or just slightly smaller than the opening on the shock to push in the new ones.
Thanks. I'll give that a try. Do you know if you are supposed to use grease anywhere? Or are you supposed to keep the bushings lubed at all?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.