Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike has a HUGE problem that I just noticed today. The finish wearing away and it looks horrible. It's embarrassing.

Sure, some folks will say "it's just cosmetic" or "it's a mountain bike" well, whatever. I paid for a nice finish and it has come off.

Here's a picture of the damage. Please help.

Attachments

·
on a routine expedition
1,585 Posts
Pete said:
My bike has a HUGE problem that I just noticed today. The finish wearing away and it looks horrible. It's embarrassing.

Sure, some folks will say "it's just cosmetic" or "it's a mountain bike" well, whatever. I paid for a nice finish and it has come off.

Dude, that totally sucks. Do you have another bike that you can ride until you get this problem fixed?

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
This is a joke right? Maybe someone hijacked Pete's account and is now starting superficial finish posts to be funny. Cause we all know how much the real Pete loves to mock the bikes as jewelry posts. Next we'll see a clean bike pic leaning against a couch in a garage. :D

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
Pete said:
My bike has a HUGEproblem that I just noticed today. The finish wearing away and it looks horrible. It's embarrassing.

That reminds me of Zonic Man's XTR cranks.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I've gotta a warrantee problem too!!!

Maybe DT has problems in the QA department? You have to look close, but the picture is of the sticker on the seattube peeling back! I am going to sell the frame on ebay, hopefully the new buyer doesn't catch it.

·
Banned
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is bullsh|t.

I asked for help, and nobody is willing to help a fellow Turner owner out. So much for the "Turner homer" geekitude.

Here's another picture of the flaw. I can't ride with this thing showing. It's embarrassing.

How do I get a warranty frame for this obvious defect?

Attachments

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
I am deeply apologetic about not taking your situation seriously. Please forgive me...

Ok, here is what I suggest. Get yourself a nice Marzocchi sticker (or RST, whatever your flavor), and neatly position it over the rub mark. You may need to go to a specialty shop to find a sticker which is less than 4mm in diameter, but it'll be worth it. This should tide you over until you are done suing Dave's pants off.

Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh, wait

I guess you can always put the rear brake hose/cable back on. If you still feel embarrased after that, put some fake carbon stickers on. The rumour is they make your bike lighter/faster, and chicks dig them too.

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
There's a handy little item that you might try, it will also cover that "defect"-it's called a REAR BRAKE :D

ps-your gonna show off some new brakes aren't you

oops, sorry crankydoc, didn't see your post

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
1. Geax Sturdy 2.25 with Stan's slime.
2. Porcupine Rim.
3. ipod.
4. Practice unclipping in a parking lot or on your front yard.
5. Don't do drugs.
6. Eat your Wheaties.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Pete said:
This is bullsh|t.

I asked for help, and nobody is willing to help a fellow Turner owner out. So much for the "Turner homer" geekitude.

Here's another picture of the flaw. I can't ride with this thing showing. It's embarrassing.

How do I get a warranty frame for this obvious defect?

Thanks Pete! Its been getting was to serious in here lately!

Bob W. (Turner Lurker)

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
airwreck said:
...the warranty department at Turner will check into this forum soon, when they see your bike I'm sure DT will drive to your home immediatly...
It is my understanding that this sort of personalized service only leads to being kicked in the nuts.

Not that this wouldn't clear Pete's head, mind you...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.