Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
a.k.a. MTBMaven
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I working on getting a 575 frame soon and am looking to put a 6" for on it rather than my current Vanilla 125 RL. Based on several posts I've read the 575 works really well with a 6" fork. I'd like something with a 20MM axel and height adjustment.

I weigh 195 and ~205 with gear. I ride aggressive singletrack and am starting to take smaller jumps (1-3 feet). I don't jump well so I don't expect to huck off a 5-6 foot drop anytime soon.

Is the '05 Z1 FR too much fork for me? I know the AM1 would be good but no 20MM axel, and the PIKE but no height adjustment. Any suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I am gonna go out on a limb here and say yes too much fork. Not that it will hurt anything, but your bike will feel really unbalanced. That fork is pretty heavy. I guess if all your other components were heavy then maybe. As for the no 20mm lowers on the AM1, you can swap lowers with any other z1-based fork(dirt jumper, etc).

How about the nixon or Pike or something? To be honest I would just stick with the fork you got, though, no 20 mm. Or if you really wanna blow the bank, there is always the fox 36, or one of the maverick forks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.